XTRG
Sergeant

TEAW LP - The Rupprecht & Kaiser Plan

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:08 pm

Hello!

My Channel Name is XTRG and for the last month i have been playing/recording TEAW as the Central Powers!

Having the warplan's decided upon by vote, The Risky Rupprecht plan to strike at the French Republic through Switzerland, last but not least the Kaiser Plan bring the full Strength of the Austrian-Hungarian Imperial Army to bear upon the Mighty Bear.

You can find the Playlist on my youtube channel #XTRG / XThatRandomGamer Almost 30 hour's long at this point so we're in it to win it !

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Hello XTRG. I have been watching your videos and very much enjoy them. Also, are you planing on getting back to your PON game as Prussia?

XTRG
Sergeant

Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:00 am

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Hello XTRG. I have been watching your videos and very much enjoy them. Also, are you planing on getting back to your PON game as Prussia?

I will get back to it for sure, Probably bulk record it and then release it 1 a day or week. It's just a very waiting intensive game and i don't want to bore people! :) and Thank you very kindly and a fan of Mr.Conrad Von Hotzendorf i see?

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:21 pm

XTRG wrote:I will get back to it for sure, Probably bulk record it and then release it 1 a day or week. It's just a very waiting intensive game and i don't want to bore people! :) and Thank you very kindly and a fan of Mr.Conrad Von Hotzendorf i see?

Yes. I am a fan of all history and it's peoples and that includes the Field Marshal. The man gets a bad rap all the time but he is very interesting if you take the time to dig deep in researching him. He was much more than just a Austrian warmonger and many historians would agree with me that he was a brilliant strategist. In my opinion though he just didn't take in the realities of the situation he was in. If he had been a Field Marshal in the German Imperial Army I believe he would have went down in the pages of history as a great leader such as Hindenburg. However, his fate was with Austria and his grand plans faded away with his own glory. Just my opinion though. Thanks.

Nikel

Re: TEAW LP - The Rupprecht & Kaiser Plan

Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:49 pm

Ageod games are still alive :)

XTRG has started another PBEM game playing as the CPs. Let's hope it lasts to the bitter end, and it is a CPs victory :niark:

Edit: he changed the name of his channel, so now it is difficult to link to it, an empty one may appear.

This is the list for the new TEAW game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axDfvv4 ... IF7hsqg3Fb

Nikel

Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:33 pm

After 21 episodes, it is mid 1915 and the British Empire enters the war.

A podcast by the players is starting shortly.

Nikel

Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:57 pm

von Letow-Vorbeck was transferred to Finland with his Askaris!

In this alternate universe, PhilThib could never have released SGS Heia Safari, or it would have been quite different :wacko:

The Eastern front is very fluid and the Russians severely hit.

Romania first and then Bulgaria have joined the CPs.

The Eastern Entente is collapsing, the NM now in the 5X levels.

In the meantime the Western Front is completely quiet, with this French ally you need no enemies, If I were the Tsar I would sign the peace with the Kaiser and then invade France like in 1814! :blink:

OfficialXTRG
Conscript

Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:26 pm

Hello everyone!

I forgot my original forum info, so created a new account.

Incredible to see a post that's a few years old now, i'm glad people are enjoying the series, i'm hoping to repeat it as multiple seasons, possibly with new players, playing different nations, will be a new era.

Incidentally, i would love aid in fixing the Ultimate Enhancement mod, does anyone know the creator or a developer whom is able to offer aid?

- Marshall (XTRG)

Nikel

Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:01 pm

Hi!

I am indeed enjoying a lot your new PBEM game, and following it, today episode was amazing with the activation of the quiet Western Front :D

The creator of EAW Ultimate was Altaris himself, one of the creators of the original game with PhilThib and Pocus.

You may try to contact him by pm as he has come back to the forum recently.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10681

By the way, did you try GS mod? More than a mod is an unofficial fixing of bugs. Unfortunately he also left the building, but still a good number of fixes, so a salute to GS :hat:

viewtopic.php?f=389&t=54099&p=408854#p408854

Nikel

Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:20 pm

Unfortunately the WE player, Alex, had to leave the game, but another person took his place :D

And just when the western front was becoming interesting?! :blink:

For some reason DoW on The Netherlands that automatically becomes part of the CPs.

And disembarks in force of the British Army supported by a huge RN fleet. And was Kitchener defeated?!

Also bloody battles in the WF, the Germans managed to hold.

And that is not all, the German High Seas Fleet sent with the small Dutch Navy to fight the RN. I want the next turn now :wacko:

Nikel

Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:54 pm

Unfortunately it not sure the game will last until the bitter end. Is there a bug in the WE diplomacy?

What I have noticed is that there are some missing items in the XTRG videos, for example the picture of the Tsar in the loading screen or the left part of the background text.

Those listed are not related with the bugs they are suggesting, but some other file in the events or in the decisions could be missing?

Perhaps a save could be uploaded, but who will check it to be sure there is no bug in the WE diplomacy? :siffle:

Durk

Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:18 pm

Western Entente diplomacy has worked well in all games I have played.

Altaris

Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:10 pm

I could check the save file if you can provide it. Preferably send over a few of the previous turns too so I can rerun and look through the event scripts.

Nikel

Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:59 pm

Durk wrote:Western Entente diplomacy has worked well in all games I have played.

Thanks for the comment Durk, it supports my idea that perhaps XTRG's setup is missing files or some are corrupted.

Altaris wrote:I could check the save file if you can provide it. Preferably send over a few of the previous turns too so I can rerun and look through the event scripts.

Thanks Altaris, I hope that XTRG will provide the needed files.

OfficialXTRG
Conscript

Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:16 pm

Thanks guys,

here are the save files.

(Russian played sacked the Tsar, but he tells me the GHQ disappeared beforehand?)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If Altaris could help me fix my issues with the Ultimate mod that'd be swell too!

Nikel

Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:07 pm

Hi XTRG.

Also waiting for Altaris answer :)

What I noticed loading your save is that sudden death is set to off for the EE, that is the reason the EE is still alive even though the NM is 0. When this happens, victory is achieved at the end of the scenario by VPs. However it is on for the other 2 factions.

So, the question is why was it designed to be off? This contradicts the manual.

The drop of NN from 22 to 0 and going negative in VPs in the EE was due to

Restoring previous turns, there is no GHQ in the EE, the Tsar is expecting to be named, finally the EE player selected Brusilov instead of the Tsar, and the consequences were paid.

OfficialXTRG
Conscript

Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:21 pm

Wait.. its off for Russia? haha!

So i need to deal with Russia for sometime longer then!

Nikel

Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:23 pm

Russia will surrender when/if the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk event happens.

However be careful because of this problem:

viewtopic.php?f=358&t=52129&p=409290#p396422

Consider this as information brought to you by spies :mdr:

Edit:

I do not understand AGE code well enough. There are 2 surrender events for Russia or one with 2 parts.

First is related with NM <10 with a 10% probability.

Second is related with loyalty >= 100. I suppose this is rebel loyalty.

But do not understand how both are related or work together: AND? OR?

Nikel

Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:35 pm

This is the situation after the last turn in XTRG and company PBEM game.

It is late April 1916.

0 NM for the EE for a number of turns.

Russia rebel alignment still at 51%.

Bohémond

Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:44 am

Off Topic ON

Nikel, your PM are disabled, I cannot answer you

Off Topic OFF

Nikel

Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:39 am

Thanks Bohemond :)

Coming back to topic, it is early June 1916 in XTRG PBEM game.

Russian armies severely defeated, in a previous turn Brusilov, another example in Finland. 0 NM is hitting cohesion and fighting capacity, still the EE player uses offensive posture.

Russian revolutionaries now at 60%

The WE was defeated and retreated from Salonika front.

The western front is quiet, but apparently not for too long after German occupation of Luxembourg.

Nikel

Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:19 am

The game has reached early September 1916.

A number of big battles happening in the western front, with even more than a million men on each side. The game nearly crushed giving more emotion to the battle result :D

Kitchener has probed not to be a good field commander, after the Holland fiasco, he is also defeated in France. In real life he was already dead by this time, the cruiser HMS Hampshire in which he was travelling to Russia hit a naval mine and sunk in June 1916.

After these battles the CPs manage to break the line in the north of the front.

In late august the russian rebel alignment reached 70 and so the Russian Revolution started, several months before it happened historically. Lenin card is available for the CPs to cause even more trouble. I think Russia is handicapped in the game and a modder should do something about it, GS wehere are you? :hat:

Ben Kingsley as Lenin in front of the sealed train paid by the Germans.

The old Habsburg emperor death causes severe penalties for the CPs.

Italian front to be opened soon and XTRG is already massing troops in the frontier. The CPs seem to have endless manpower.

The overall situation after the last turn.

Nikel

Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:11 pm

The game continues fortunately and they have reached early November 1916.

Finally not breakthrough in the WF, even though several bloody battles are happening every turn.

The interesting things happened elsewhere, Russian surrender happens automatically with a 100% rebel alignment, Treaty of Brest-Litovsk even though the Lenin card has not been played, what makes no sense to me. Huge chunks of Russian land are out of the game, and this card and Kornilov's are still playable, besides no NM or VPs are given to the CPs, unpolished Russian surrender.

At the same time Italy is 100% Entente and enters the war. XTRG is sending troops from the East to reinforce the already amassed in the frontier. Another bug is displayed here, Trieste and Trento are Italian even before a shot is fired, not sure why or when this happened, Italian Concessions by the Entente?

XTRG gameplay from the beginning is allowing him to keep USA out of the war. And the USA elections helps him even more, in this alternate universe WW is not elected and the USA is a happy friend of the CPs, I do not think the American army will disembark in France in this game.

The objectives window, with the EE out of the game and the Italians in.

Nikel

Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:27 pm

Perhaps I was wrong, If I understand XTRG correctly in the last video.

The CPs played the Italian concessions option and Austria lost Trento and Trieste, and even so Italy joined the Entente? What did they want Vienna? :blink:

Nikel

Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:45 pm

Late January 1917. Western and Italian fronts with not many changes in the winter. XTRG is planning a try on Paris for the spring.

However there was an anglo-french invasion of the Aegean coast of Anatolia, this is the third try for the eternal Lord Kitchener.

The situation after last turn.

OfficialXTRG
Conscript

Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:19 pm

Early November 1917 and the guns have fallen silent across the many fronts as Tanks under the command of Von-Lettow Von Vorbeck enter the grounds of the Élysée Palace. Paris has once more fallen to German arms, even as Franco-British forces attempt to break the choke hold on the city.

The War is over,

Or is this just a twenty year armistice?

A Huge thank you to Alex, Plumber and Nomad! and to everyone who joined us on this mighty endeavour!

https://imgur.com/a/e2i9E3b

Nikel

Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:30 am

Congrats! For winning and for finishing the campaign.

I see that Lod Kitchener was commanding in the final battle for Paris, could not be otherwise :siffle:

And well played, if you have time, would you add some notes to the strategy as the CPs in Straight Arrow thread?

viewtopic.php?f=358&t=51848&p=405901#p405901

Return to “To End All Wars”