DuAll
Conscript

Navy and mines

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 am

Hallo guys, I have a noobish question. What exactly happens if your fleet enters a minefield? I was playing against the AI and my Ottoman forces entered a mined coastal patch of the Black sea... It didn't seem to have much effect safe for a slightl dammaged gunboat /detroyer or sumtin/. The guide to TEAW don't provide much help on the issue :(
Another interesting thing. The German fleet seems to have an aircraft carrier!? Can it launch naval bombers to sink enemy ships?

Jim-NC

Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 am

Hello and welcome to the forums DuAll. :wavey:

As to your question, mines reduce cohesion of the ships a lot, and can damage some of them. The cohesion loss means your ships perform worse in combat, so if attacked, you would probably lose.

The French also have an aircraft carrier, but I don't think they do any bombing of ships.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kbar
Conscript

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:09 am

DuAll wrote:Hallo guys, I have a noobish question. What exactly happens if your fleet enters a minefield? I was playing against the AI and my Ottoman forces entered a mined coastal patch of the Black sea... It didn't seem to have much effect safe for a slightl dammaged gunboat /detroyer or sumtin/. The guide to TEAW don't provide much help on the issue :(
Another interesting thing. The German fleet seems to have an aircraft carrier!? Can it launch naval bombers to sink enemy ships?

The carriers launch seaplanes for recon. I am unsure if they can perform counter air missions or not.

DuAll
Conscript

Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:30 am

10x for the speedy response. Although I haven't seen that much cohesion lost by my fleet...How much I'm supposed to lose? 1/3, half, almost all?
Maybe my commander is very good! :)
As for the planes I'm a bit perplexed. Some of them were labelled "sea bombers" /right?/ I'd expect some of them would actually deal damage to ships...

DuAll
Conscript

Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:31 am

10x, kbar :)

marek1978
Colonel

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 am

DuAll wrote:10x, kbar :)

can mines be remowed? i mean if i , as western entente take adriatic coast can i remove mines from there?

DuAll
Conscript

Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:06 pm

marek1978 wrote:can mines be remowed? i mean if i , as western entente take adriatic coast can i remove mines from there?

AFAIK yes taking control over the shore removed the minefields in the adjacent waterway.

Jim-NC

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:18 am

Taking the land area next to the mines is the only way I know to clear them. They may not disappear right away, but may take a turn or 2.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “To End All Wars”