HidekiTojo
Colonel

Share your thoughts about getting promotions

Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:59 pm

So I've been playing Ageod games for a long time and like a lot of people I have continuously tried to find a good method of promoting the good generals.

For instance Allenby for the British, Foch, Nivelle, Maxson, etc.

What are the methods you use for accomplishing this?

I for one have had a lot of trouble with getting Allenby promoted.

I'd be very interested in hearing your suggestions and experiences.
TEAW Beta Team

Ebbingford

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:16 pm

I send Allenby to the Middle East as soon as Turkey joins the war, he usually gains enough experience to be promoted quite quickly. :cool:
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

Merlin
General

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:14 am

Put them in charge of cavalry corps. That way they tend to get shuffled between armies with the intent of getting or preventing pursuit hits and are usually involved in most offensives.

Durk

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:27 am

To me, the secret is to find a minor objective with some value and send them with overwhelming force.

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:21 pm

Interesting, I thought that cavalry was virtually useless and that allenby was seriously wasted on the cavalry division in the b.e.f. at start of campaign
TEAW Beta Team

Jim Pfleck
Private

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:17 pm

I do something similar as Durk---I try and get them into fights that have a good chance of overwhelming victory...

Merlin
General

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:41 am

HidekiTojo wrote:Interesting, I thought that cavalry was virtually useless and that allenby was seriously wasted on the cavalry division in the b.e.f. at start of campaign

That will change the moment you get routed out of a region and take upwards of 90 pursuit hits. ;)

Cav really helps keep the post combat casualties down, and if you put them in the army stacks, it virtually guarantees they'll get in on the actual battles. Use corps though; individual divisions tend to get seriously chewed up.

Return to “To End All Wars”