Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Western Scenario

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:34 pm

I am giving EAW a new trial run, and am currently playing the Western 1914 Scenario as Entente.

I have a couple of questions:

- do the French not have a GHQ?

- I guess I need a lot of reinforcements fast to defend Paris, so I mobilized all available militia there. Is it wise to enforce them with artillery? They either go over the command point penalty, or you need to take fewer infantry and a lot of artillery. What is a good stack in the early war for the French?

Are there good old threads on general basic tactical considerations?
I can't seem to find them, and the scope of this game is so large that I could use some help at the elementary level.

Also:

There are several unlocked garrison forces in the UK.
Are they any good on the islands, or should I ship them all to the continent?

Durk

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 am

French are supposed to have a GHQ, but Foch is missing from this scenario for some reason. I have only played as Central Powers so never noticed before that France is absent a GHQ. Maybe you should kick this up to problem forum thread.

I am not absolutely sure of the ratios, but three militia with two artillery are a solid corps. But as Foch is not present, you also need to send an army leader.

Ship everyone of the Brits to the Western Front. They are just getting combat pay for lollygagging otherwise.

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:30 am

I just discovered that early September a GHQ can be appointed, but the senior general Pau is located in the Jura, so it takes another turn before corps can be organized in Paris, unless one takes the penalty for assigning Gallieni in Paris. So I might have well recruited reserve divisions instead of militia in turn one.

Another general question: anything useful that I can do with the naval units in this scenario, apart from shipping units to the continent?

Return to “To End All Wars”