Pocus

These missing 12% - UPDATE,positive now, but fragile!

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Dear players,

We are now missing a mere +12% positive comments on the EAW Steam page to switch from 'variable' to 'positive'. The "problem" being that many of our long term players don't pay Steam a visit. On the other hand the people doing the reviews on Steam are for the most part, much less comfortable with the AGE engine system! So all in all, there is a bias, against us.

So if you have not yet put a review at the EAW page on Steam, please do so, that would be appreciated. Greatly!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312360/

As for the practical details. Every user who has bought EAW at Ageod (prefered solution), Matrix or Slitherine, can get a redeem key to Steam. Once you have redeemed your key, you can put a review as long as you spent a bit of time into the game (even if only on the Main Menu, haha).

Again, thanks, this will help us!
Regards,
The Ageod Team.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

FlumenSV
Private

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Did my duty :) and do encourage others to do the same :thumbsup:
Indeficienter

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:56 pm

I did submit the positive review.

The redeeming process for EAW and CWII was going smooth, but I had problems with the other games. AJE base game succeeded, but I don't have separate keys for the Cantabrian Wars, Parthian Wars and Spartacus, those downloads just installed and worked under the AGEod game, and the keys for Hannibal and BOR didn't work, they were subkeys for AJE.
SCW didn't work either.

Is this because these games came before the merger with Slitherine? But why did AJE base work then?

marek1978
Colonel

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:14 pm

how can i vote there?

its bit messy

Pocus wrote:Dear players,

We are now missing a mere +12% positive comments on the EAW Steam page to switch from 'variable' to 'positive'. The "problem" being that many of our long term players don't pay Steam a visit. On the other hand the people doing the reviews on Steam are for the most part, much less comfortable with the AGE engine system! So all in all, there is a bias, against us.

So if you have not yet put a review at the EAW page on Steam, please do so, that would be appreciated. Greatly!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312360/

As for the practical details. Every user who has bought EAW at Ageod (prefered solution), Matrix or Slitherine, can get a redeem key to Steam. Once you have redeemed your key, you can put a review as long as you spent a bit of time into the game (even if only on the Main Menu, haha).

Again, thanks, this will help us!
Regards,
The Ageod Team.

shmuppen
Conscript

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:03 am

I bought the game from here. How to get a redeem key? I tried my key I got with the game and it didnt work.

Pocus

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 am

For anyone having problems with redeeming a game (bought at Ageod, Matrix or Slitherine), then please contact support@slitherine.co.uk

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:55 am

Only 9% missing and we change category. :)

ETF
Captain

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Duty completed!

kbar
Conscript

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Done

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

You're right pocus ive noticed that as well people really don't get that these are fantastic games. There's this prejudice against us and I don't get that at all.

I'm going to correct this.
TEAW Beta Team

AndrewKurtz

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:45 am

Done!

Pocus

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:26 am

hi again,

Thanks all for the positive reviews. It seems that 'somehow positive' triggers at 70% not 75%, so the status has already changed, which is very nice. But one negative review would be enough to lose the new label, so that would still be greatly appreciated if any of you having EAW register it at Steam (you know this is free, and in case of trouble just ask the Helpdesk here support@slitherine.co.uk, if you bought EAW at Ageod or Matrix!).

FlumenSV
Private

Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:25 pm

We are now on "Mostly Positive", let's make it "Very Positive" -> more reviews needed!!! :thumbsup:
Indeficienter

Pocus

Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:27 am

Indeed, this is already a great success! With players from Ageod and Matrix now redeeming Steam keys, the commentaries are now more pleasant! Thanks to you all :)

Rongor
Conscript

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:01 pm

This is somewhat poor. Wouldn't it be preferable to bring a game that is by quality able to convince even newcomers to spend a good review? You call them biased because they complain about the engine?
So since your engine is so divine, they must be biased? This is a highly dubious attitude.
Have you ever thought of understanding the criticism as a hint, that should point you on the need to review the accessibility of your work again? People who are new to AGEOD have a hard time with EAW. Not because they are impatient or too stupid to understand your engine, it is the lack of documentation and care. If you solve this by scrambling your fanbase to put the steam reviews in the desired order, you simply fail to listen to in fact unbiased customers, so if anybody is biased, it is in fact nobody else than you.

Lindi
General

Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:39 am

Rongor wrote:This is somewhat poor. Wouldn't it be preferable to bring a game that is by quality able to convince even newcomers to spend a good review? You call them biased because they complain about the engine?
So since your engine is so divine, they must be biased? This is a highly dubious attitude.
Have you ever thought of understanding the criticism as a hint, that should point you on the need to review the accessibility of your work again? People who are new to AGEOD have a hard time with EAW. Not because they are impatient or too stupid to understand your engine, it is the lack of documentation and care. If you solve this by scrambling your fanbase to put the steam reviews in the desired order, you simply fail to listen to in fact unbiased customers, so if anybody is biased, it is in fact nobody else than you.

If you not like FPS and you buy game because you think is a rpg, in the final you not like the game.

For me many people who see ageod game can think is rts or Paradox game style, not a really wargame. So if you buy wargame for graphisme and good music, I am guess you not very love ageod game. But If you buy for play a very very very good wargame, now you can big love ageod game ^^.

(But sure the learn level is hard if is your first ageod game.)

PS : my positif comment is write white Norkal_qc and I do that just after one or two week after have the game :)

Pocus

Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:11 am

@Rongor:

About bias, perhaps you misunderstand me. I'm not saying that negative reviews are biased, suggesting their are unfair, everyone is entitled his opinion.

What I was saying by using 'biased' is that the Ageod forum community, which is in its vast majority positive toward the AGE engine games, seldom go to the corresponding Steam EAW forum. And yet, they provide most of the players (the sells).

So the bias is that the negative reviews, on Steam, are not in proportion to the people having bought the games and are thinking positive about it, even with possible reservations.

As for giving it a thumb down. This is a big thing. It basically means 'don't buy it' to others people. If you put 30 hours into EAW and want to learn it, my humble and personal opinion would be that you should perhaps put a thumb up but with warnings in your comment, like 'can do better', 'room for improvements', etc. But a thumb down is very close to what the Roman emperors said with it: 'no mercy, finish it, it deserve not to live'. On Steam it means 'its crap, don't buy it, there is no redeem quality'.

FlumenSV
Private

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:35 pm

I agree with Pocus, is not that I or anyone is propagating false rewievs, my vote is honest, I really love the game and want the community on the forum to get involved too and post their opinion on steam. Most of the community is on this forum, not steam forum.
The game is not easy, it has a steep learning curve, and there are people who won't like this.
For instance, my friend who like Commander The Great War said to me that EAW is too complex to him and he would not play it, even that is frustrating him (I let him try it on my computer). I on the other hand find CTGW simple enough but EAW a challenge. And I like challenges and in depth planning.
Indeficienter

Return to “To End All Wars”