magnum2016
Private

Conquering Territories?

Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:34 am

Hello I am very new to the game and i have a question about conquering other countries lands,

Now i understand that you just need to deploy forces to regions and over time the zone will slowly become yours however I was wondering how important is the Alignment of the regions? Lastly would you advise me to most of the time go one region at a time?

Durk

Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Control of a region is important for such things as movement, offensive-defensive posture and supply. All units which are not support units move control toward your side unless they are in passive posture. A large force moving through a region can shift this control, also.
There is no reason to move slowly to take control of regions. If you find a large number of uncontrolled regions behind your lines a few garrison divisions can take care of the problem. In the case of Belgium, a 'card' can change the alignment of many areas at one time.
One of the most severe problems with alignment comes if you have less than 5% of all regions and are forced to retreat. As you cannot retreat into such regions your force will be destroyed if forced to retreat.

Return to “To End All Wars”