Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

von der Goltz Pasha

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:39 am

Does he actually appear in game, or is he just in the files? I ask because as the OE as 5-3-3 three star general would be extremely useful to me :)
Current Russian player in the third Paradox OT Forums Mass AAR.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

Militant confederate in my spare time. :neener:

DrPostman

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 am

He's in the game.
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:00 am

DrPostman wrote:He's in the game.

When and where does he appear? Because it is already 1916 and he has yet to make an appearance.

Former Ottoman Player in the first Paradox Forums TEAW Mass Multiplayer AAR. Victor of Tripoli, Tyr, and Xanthi. Defender of the Holy Cities of Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medinah. Conqueror of Kuwait and Kitchener. Bane of the British and Sword of the House of Osman.

DrPostman

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:09 am

Projekt Pasha wrote:When and where does he appear? Because it is already 1916 and he has yet to make an appearance.

I don't know for sure. I just know he's in the game because I helped research
the German general stats and he was one of those I looked into. He's listed as
Colmar Freiherr von der Goltz, or some combination of that.

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:33 am

DrPostman wrote:I don't know for sure. I just know he's in the game because I helped research
the German general stats and he was one of those I looked into. He's listed as
Colmar Freiherr von der Goltz, or some combination of that.

I know he is in the files, but I am asking if anyone knows when or where he appears in game. He wouldn't be the only leader in the files not in the game, and the Ottoman Generals are kinda screwy anyway. Just as a few examples of many Osman Fuad Pasha isn't in the game at all, Nazim Pasha is in game despite having been assassinated in broad daylight and in front of god and everybody during Enver Pasha's coup in 1913, and Nurettin Pasha is a three star general despite having been a colonel in 1914.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Projekt Pasha wrote:I know he is in the files, but I am asking if anyone knows when or where he appears in game. He wouldn't be the only leader in the files not in the game, and the Ottoman Generals are kinda screwy anyway. Just as a few examples of many Osman Fuad Pasha isn't in the game at all, Nazim Pasha is in game despite having been assassinated in broad daylight and in front of god and everybody during Enver Pasha's coup in 1913, and Nurettin Pasha is a three star general despite having been a colonel in 1914.

Tough to miss from that range....
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Merlin
General

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:38 am

That's why they did it that way. :p

Late Ottoman history is fun.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:59 am

Merlin wrote:That's why they did it that way. :p

Late Ottoman history is fun.

All Ottoman history is very interesting isn't it. I'm hoping to take them to new glory when they join me in my current CP pbem ;)
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Merlin
General

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:45 am

ajarnlance wrote:All Ottoman history is very interesting isn't it. I'm hoping to take them to new glory when they join me in my current CP pbem ;)

The most direct impact on Ottoman economy was the massive debts incurred by Britain and France. It may be geopolitics, but the Ottoman response was to suspend debts and join the CP. Suspending debts was the obvious move. I would kind of feel sorry for them, but it's conditional on the systems we have today. That's why I call bullshit and conform to the understanding they were truly corrupt, because they really had no intention to pay after 1915.

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:46 am

I still don't have an answer regarding my Original question on von der Goltz Pasha :p

Merlin wrote:The most direct impact on Ottoman economy was the massive debts incurred by Britain and France. It may be geopolitics, but the Ottoman response was to suspend debts and join the CP. Suspending debts was the obvious move. I would kind of feel sorry for them, but it's conditional on the systems we have today. That's why I call bullshit and conform to the understanding they were truly corrupt, because they really had no intention to pay after 1915.

Well, the Germans providing a fat stack of gold and warships to partially compensate for the two dreadnoughts that Britain stole didn't hurt. I think without those things the Ottomans would have sat on the sidelines until one side or the other offered them a better deal, similar to what Italy and Romania did. They certainly were leaning CP due to Enver's massive hard-on for the German army, but before the warships were stolen the Navy preferred Britain as an ally, and the Sultan and Government were kinda sketchy on joining the war at all. Remember that even with the German gifts and the British theft Enver effectively had to trick his government into the war by using Souchon.

havi
Colonel

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:07 am

But hey now days the Turks have a new osmans in lead and building palaces.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:05 am

I saw a Goltz after I played the first card of "new generals" in 1914 but that dont mean you will get him as quickly as I did.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Kotik wrote:I saw a Goltz after I played the first card of "new generals" in 1914 but that dont mean you will get him as quickly as I did.

I have all Ottoman Generals already in play, and I have no von der Goltz Pasha. It is 1916.

DrPostman

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:41 am

Projekt Pasha wrote:I have all Ottoman Generals already in play, and I have no von der Goltz Pasha. It is 1916.

That's because he's a German general. He will be under his actual name, not
the title the Ottomans gave him.

Projekt Pasha
Sergeant

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:03 am

DrPostman wrote:That's because he's a German general. He will be under his actual name, not
the title the Ottomans gave him.

I don't think the Germans have him either, although I will check, but in the files he is listed as an Ottoman General under the name "Goltz Pasha".

Return to “To End All Wars”