Švejk
Conscript

Best faction to start with?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:29 am

I was recommended to try the Western Entente, but I can't seem to keep the Germans steam-rolling Belgium and taking Paris. Are the other 2 factions any easier, or am I just terrible at the game? :neener:

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:43 am

When the game first came out, many recommended starting with the Eastern Entente. That's what I did. After learning the ropes, I then played the Central Powers. IMO that's the way to go.

Altaris

Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:53 am

Eastern Entente is the "easiest" to play since they are almost entirely a land power restricted to continental areas, and initially have the advantage in the East. The Western Entente and Central Powers are both about equal in difficulty, Central Powers for having to manage fronts across the whole map, and the Western Entente for having to manage navies and overseas campaigns.

BBBD316
Lieutenant

Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:08 am

I do wish that in single player the EE got to look after diplomacy.

Merlin
General

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:32 am

Diplomacy is an easy game after all else is learned, so I too would recommend the EE for beginners.

Kensai

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:57 am

EE can be a lot of fun, albeit without diplomacy. It is ideal for newcomers because you start relatively powerful (and with the initiative!), but soon feel the pressure of logistics and managing conquered lands. As the game progresses, a new or experienced player will get the challenges he wants in potentially managing multiple fronts (ie Ottoman, Persian, Afghan) as well as interior instability. The lowering National Morale due to defeats and the specter of Communism completes the picture.

I think the EE is ideal for a first game.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “To End All Wars”