Kensai

Theater CiC activation bonus

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:59 pm

I have an embarrassing question. I wish I were in my main PC to test it but I won't be until Friday and I really want to know.

Has anyone ever noticed what happens if you don't set as CiC the highest ranking 3-star General in an army group? Do they still give their bonus to all the Theater leaders? I bet they don't and I really preferred the opposite way in PON (which had no declarable army groups).

What I want to say is this: ideally the CiC should be the highest ranking General in a certain Theater REGARDLESS if he is declared GHQ or not. This way ALL Generals in that Theater will get that extra bonus, not only his direct (army) subordinates. The GHQ should simply be the most important army group in a certain Theater with the best organizational abilities (abstracted by the efficent CP). The hierarchy could also give some extra bonuses when the armies are in the "aura" of the GHQ in question. Most players will still give the GHQ to their highest ranking 3-star in the Theater, anyway, so this doesn't change much, especially when the GHQs change through events (think of Moltke's substitution).

Can we have it like that? Otherwise there are so many 3-star General abilities wasted given they will never be GHQ commanders (think about a Bulgarian or Romanian 3-star General in the Balkan Theater).
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

bob.
General

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, the manual says that the highest-ranked leader with most seniority is treated as CiC, no mention of if he is under GHQ command or not. Of course, AGEOD manuals are not always 100 % correct...

Frankly, I have no idea how you could even tell if someone is CiC or not? Are the values of generals updated dynamically each turn so you could see if all generals have +1 rating? Can you see it somewhere in the combat window?

Since the next patch will show CiC IIRC, soon it should not be a big question anymore :)

Kensai

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:07 pm

I don't recall if I were seeing their updated values in a battle only or on the map as well, WHEN the CiC is active. In PON it was working, here in EAW I haven't thoroughly checked.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Ace

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Highest ranking general is CiC. Period. The clear example is when you load the Russian side. No matter who is appointed GHQ, CiC alway remains the Tzar.

Return to “To End All Wars”