le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Ammunition

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:14 pm

As far as I understand it, only medium and heavy artillery requires ammunition. Light artillery and infantry/cavalry require no ammunition to function.
Is this correct?
(I just noticed the 0 ammunition requirement on some arty-less stacks and wondered if I had a display bug or something.)
~A

fivefingers62
Civilian

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 am

I have the same question. I went to fight with my corps and low and behold no ammo. I have plenty of supply but no ammo, I have seen under the decisions tab that you can place munitions crates in certain regions, I think that may be what we have to do. On top of doing that, make sure we have depots to spread the ammo.. I wish someone would comment on this issue.

HerrDan

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:53 am

fivefingers62 wrote:I have the same question. I went to fight with my corps and low and behold no ammo. I have plenty of supply but no ammo, I have seen under the decisions tab that you can place munitions crates in certain regions, I think that may be what we have to do. On top of doing that, make sure we have depots to spread the ammo.. I wish someone would comment on this issue.

Welcome to the forums fivefingers62! :wavey:

Light artillery don't consume ammo and it's very adviseable to build munition factories as early as possible.
"Das Glück hilft dem Kühnen."

German Empire PON 1880 AAR:http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35152-German-Empire-not-quite-an-AAR

Lazytiger
Conscript

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:33 pm

HerrDan wrote:... and it's very adviseable to build munition factories as early as possible.

About how many factories would you advise to build, if I may ask?

Merlin
General

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 pm

I haven't done any hard calculations, but MA and HA seem to use roughly a point per battery per round. Since you're not going to be fighting every turn and the factories produce 5 MUN per turn, I'd say build one per 5-10 batteries, dependent upon the amount of fighting you think that front will see.

Lazytiger
Conscript

Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks Merlin! I'm December '14 with CP, counting 83 batteries all together. So about 10 factories should cover it I guess...

Kensai

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Also remember the priority. The Germans seem to be more equipped than the Western Entente which is more equipped than the Eastern Entente. As EE you need to start building artillery factories (and extra artillery for that matter!) right away. As Germany, you can afford to be slower, but not that much.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Return to “To End All Wars”