Caoster
Corporal

Building Army Stacks

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:20 am

I'm playing as the CP with plan Moltke. I've dropped several of the Corps in Gumminben into the two armies there, and they seem to have less combat value then they did as independents stacks. Is this correct? I am assuming Corp Commanders work like Brigades did in ROP. So they have to be in an army stack for full usefulness.

Solemnace
Corporal

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:39 pm

They probably picked up a command penalty potentially either that or the stack commander is poorer so loose power due to that. Umm sort of sort of not. They are condensed formations like those Brigades but as long as a stack has a leader or something they can March to the sound of Guns. The Main advantage of being in an army is a higher command limit so you can have bigger stacks.

Shri

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Main advantage of armies is the support units-
Heavy Artillery- too costly so only possible in armies
Engineers - limitations and cost on build
Pontooners - river crossing ability
Hospitals- much better recovery and slight boost to cohesion
AMMO Carts- too costly to build, so except Germany (which starts with plenty) most others can only afford for armies
Supply carts- relatively plenty, but your armies will have 3-4 so in deep and continuous attacks won't run out of supply.
Better leaders- 3* Generals are usually good (many exceptions) and you will end up promoting only the most deserving ones.

Return to “To End All Wars”