Surtur wrote:Youtuber Pewpewchewchew has started a Let's Play series which can be found here.
Playing the Central Powers, he lets the community vote on what Warplans (opening positions) he will be using to start of his game.
You can watch "episode 0" here.
Viewers have the option of influencing our preview Let's Play of To End All Wars by commenting on the video page as to which German and Austrian War Plan they'd like to see. I'm playing as the Central powers and the first order of business is to decide which plan to use. This discussion will ultimately shape the course of our Let's Play so choose wisely!
German War Plan Options
- Schlieffen Plan - Historical route, German armies advance through Belgium for a quick strike at Paris whilst Defending with a light force on Eastern Front. The invasion of Belgium will anger Great Britian, if we forgo the historical plan there is a chance of keeping the British with their mighty blockade fleets away for some time if not entirely.
- Moltke Plan - Redeploy for offensive operations in the East while dispatching a force to hold down fortifications on the French-German Border. The F-G border is fairly easy to defend given the vast existing network of forts and what the game surmises as emplacements. Coupled with the Austrian plan to take the fight to Russia, this could be considered a very viable option however due to take that the fighting beings in August leaving not too much time till Russian winter sets in.
- Kronprinz Plan - Balanced Defense on West and East Very safe in terms of objectives, and could be used to set up for a counter attack.
- Rupprecht Plan- Somewhat similar in idea as the Schlieffen plan however we'd swing through Switzerland instead. The rugged terrain here is certainly a big barrier to this plan's success.
Austrian War Plan Options
- Conrad Plan - Fight Russia as a priority while dealing with Serbia as a secondary
- Kaiser Plan - Attack Russia in force and deal with Serbia later.
- Koenig Plan - Attack Serbia, defend Russian Border
- Prinz Plan - Austria holds the majority of units in reserve, and bides its time for later commitment.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests