Lindi
General

Steam or not Steam

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi,

I ask a easy question, this game can go in steam or not, when is release or near?

Because If I can buy in steam I guess that can help for other playeur see people have buy and play many hours in the game.

My question can ask that : wait for buy in steam and play on steam or buy in ageod shop?

Ace

Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:05 am

Please someone tell me what is the difference if on Steam, or not on Steam?

ferrenava

Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:39 am

Steam is a platform game, reach more people.

Kensai

Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 am

I definitely want to see this game (and all AGEOD/Slitherine games for that matter) on Steam. The reach of this platform is simply mind-blowing. I came to know AGEOD through Steam, I speak of personal experience. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Lindi
General

Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:36 am

Ace wrote:Please someone tell me what is the difference if on Steam, or not on Steam?

for each buy on steam the game is more chance to pop first in search in steam... one of difference in steam so is pub for ageod. (not sure but I guess, and your friend liste see about you play when you play in steam)

leftguard
Corporal

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes, I was introduced to Ageod via Steam also, and would prefer to purchase my games that way if possible. As Civil War 2 was recently made available, I'd expect To End All Wars would do the same.

Searry
Colonel

Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Kensai wrote:I definitely want to see this game (and all AGEOD/Slitherine games for that matter) on Steam. The reach of this platform is simply mind-blowing. I came to know AGEOD through Steam, I speak of personal experience. :)

Same here. I was browsing strategy games at random and came accros RoP. Since then, I've bought a lot of games from AGEOD.

Fouche
Captain

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Yes, by all means have the game lsited on steam. A good way to merchandise products developed by AGEOD. ;)

jnpoint
Private

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 am

I almost only buy games on steam. And as far as I can see Slitherine/Matrixgames are also using steam now. I can only hope that this game turns out to be good and then I'll buy it on steam :)

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:07 pm

If you buy it first at Ageod, then it helps us more, and you'll get a Steam redeem key the day it is on Steam, when/if it goes on Steam.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Kensai

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Pocus, if you can confirm this procedure I will always by directly from AGEOD and then pass it to Steam. I am one of the crazy ones that actually likes Steam, if I can buy the game once (from you directly to help you most!) and then be able to pass it to Steam, it's the best of both worlds. :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

jnpoint
Private

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Kensai wrote:Pocus, if you can confirm this procedure I will always by directly from AGEOD and then pass it to Steam. I am one of the crazy ones that actually likes Steam, if I can buy the game once (from you directly to help you most!) and then be able to pass it to Steam, it's the best of both worlds. :)

+1

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:44 pm

I got confirmation that this is definitively the plan, so yes, you can buy at Ageod (or Matrix, but I personally prefer Ageod ;) ) and there will the possibility to redeem a Steam key for the game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:22 pm

I would prefer to buy NON-Steam, since Steam is just a modern DRM.

mariandavid
Sergeant

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Pocus: I bought all my AGEOD games direct but have to get them from Steam from now on. My copy of CW2 failed (you were very helpful but to no avail). Bought it recently from Steam and it works perfectly - my assumption here is because all activity takes place within the Steam folder, whereas the original version saw files of various kinds distributed which accounted for a very rare Dig problem like mine. But rest assured as a new AGEOD appears on Steam I buy!

Pocus

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:07 am

Yes, this is a plausible explanation indeed, the location of the game. I'm happy to see you join back the flock, even if on Steam. :)

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:31 pm

If you put it on Steam, I hope you have achievements. :)

Lindi
General

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:43 pm

Pocus wrote:I got confirmation that this is definitively the plan, so yes, you can buy at Ageod (or Matrix, but I personally prefer Ageod ;) ) and there will the possibility to redeem a Steam key for the game.

a good new :)

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:57 pm

I'd be willing to bet it will go to Steam since Civil War 2 did. It will be as good as Civil War 2 or better, so there will be no reason to not have it on Steam, by the Steam people. It will be definitely light years better than most of the stuff you see on Steam so I don't see why they would say no to a new game.

I wonder if anyone knows if the certificate problem with plimus.Europe is fixed? I bought PON 1880 scenario from the Matrix store because my computer rejected the plimus website from this website.

Pocus

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:43 am

I do not know about this problem, but then, I'm not part of the team running the webshop. For all these issues, you can always contact [email="support@slitherine.co.uk"]support@slitherine.co.uk[/email]

As for Steam, if a few of you (like Ace, thanks!) can post from time to time in the CW2 Steam forum, that would be great, because most of the players satisfied with the game are silent and the few ones that are not are vocal (as usual)... And this gives the impression that the game is crap whereas we had already good success on Steam for CW2.

The URL is

http://steamcommunity.com/app/306630/discussions/

You can login in your browser with your Steam nickname, no need to launch the Steam app itself. Alternatively you can access it as usual. Thanks for your support :thumbsup: :neener:

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks Pocus. I'll check with support if I have any issues.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:27 am

Ok, just added a few discussions to the Civil War forum. I had never really visited the forums for Civil War because I had not installed the CW2 version. I think they are way off on that "broken tutorial" thing. The absolute only thing different is that in an informational screen for 1 battle, it says "stalemate" instead of "union victory". Everything else worked exactly as it was supposed to do. It's crazy to act like a game should have no bugs. I get CTDs in Oblivion and they have had years and years and a lot of money to fix those.

Return to “To End All Wars”