lecrop
Captain

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:51 pm

1st post updated with a very interesting photo report of the Fort de Mutzig by Kensai.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Ace wrote:How about this

[ATTACH]28926[/ATTACH]

While using a German tricolor roundel under the dreadnought makes good graphic sense, I doubt that it's the right symbol for the German navy. Something like this would be more appropriate.

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/de1871~w.html

PhilThib

Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:51 am

The same would apply to Royal Navy or Russian Navy (or the Japanese), unfortunately the code handles the nationality overall here, not the specifics of the armed services

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:43 pm

I would have thought that since the game hasn't been released yet it would be possible to make an addition to the code so that you can show accurate naval flags under the ships. You would probably need to go with a square flag rather than a roundel, since neither the British nor the German naval flags will look very good in a circular treatment (the Russian and Japanese flags should be ok). If that's too complicated, just code for a second set of flags and do some creative shrinking in Photoshop.

A friend of mine designed one of the Campaign DLC's for Battle Academy so I felt compelled to buy the game from Matrix and try it out. The game isn't bad, but Matrix's apparent indifference to historical accuracy when it comes to semiotics and symbols is appalling. The inaccuracy of the German flag is understandable for BRD legal reasons, but they also managed to use the wrong flags for Italy and the United States. I hope their influence is not going to affect Ageod's attitude.

Return to “To End All Wars”