Person of Interest

Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Matto wrote:I think this sentence should be corrected to "It will be home before Christmas" :thumbsup:

We should all hope for "Home before the leaves fall".

PhilThib

Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Hint: should be around the date of one of the war's great battles :)

Templer
General

Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Any chance for more screenshots/images?
Greetings
Templer

Person of Interest

Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:23 am

PhilThib wrote:Hint: should be around the date of one of the war's great battles :)

The Marne!

Shri

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:28 am

Greatest victory of the War- Tannenberg? August 26th onwards?? so is that the date?

Or is it First Battle of Marne? 5th September onwards?

Uawcat
Corporal

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:57 am

Shri wrote:Greatest victory of the War- Tannenberg? August 26th onwards?? so is that the date?

Or is it First Battle of Marne? 5th September onwards?

Probably both at the moment, depending in the end on how well bug-squishing goes...

clandini5
Corporal

Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:05 am

The Second Battle of the Marne July 15 to August 6

Templer
General

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Altaris wrote:The air model is essentially the same as the one in RUS...

The air war in World War I (albeit in its infancy), had, alone in his explosiveness, strong effects.
Should the air war then not be properly implemented in the game to be be appreciated and honored?

I can't remember exactly how the air war was modeled in RUS.
But think that the concept of the air war modeled in RUS would not be an ideal choice for "To End All Wars".
Greetings

Templer

Person of Interest

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:43 pm

The AIR war in RUS was very basic which was fine for that conflict but it seems like it would be too simple for WWI. I guess with a few tweaks it could work well enough so we will see.

Shri

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:08 am

clandini5 wrote:The Second Battle of the Marne July 15 to August 6

Second was in 1918, so centenary in 2018!!!

Inwe
Conscript

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:37 am

Maybe, around the 19th December, as the Battle of Verdun?
(hopefully not in 2016 ;) )

clandini5
Corporal

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:36 am

Quite so Shri and since its not a battle anniversary we can hope its not the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month - 2018

Ironclad61
Major

Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:52 am

I think in 1st Marne (5/9) or Tannenberg (26/8) but there are many battles in august-september ... even i can add the Siege of Przemyśl (24/9) the longest siege in war.

I doubt use the date of a battle over 1914 is ok, if game release was in 1918... lets delay 4 years the game to correct this :thumbsup:

PD: well, many people think war finish in 2/9/1945 :wacko:

Ironclad61
Major

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:49 pm

So close... for one day... 25 august, and they are looking for fresh meat to lauch into the no man's land :neener:

Person of Interest

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Ironclad61 wrote:So close... for one day... 25 august, and they are looking for fresh meat to lauch into the no man's land :neener:

Indeed! Almost a direct hit! :thumbsup:

BigDuke66
General

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Couldn't see it on the map but does this game use the map from "The Larger Europe Map Project"?
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24730-The-Larger-Europe-Map-Project

Altaris wrote:- Ammunition in EAW represents Munitions for artillery, and is only used/consumed by medium, heavy, and fort artillery, and naval vessels. If a stack's Ammunition runs dry, it's artillery stops firing. Artillery is very important in EAW, as it softens up enemy cohesion considerably, and the heavier artillery units have good trench penetration values. But the shells run out quickly, and the player needs to build Munitions Factories (via RGD) to bolster shell production. This is tough for the Russians in particular (who are lacking in War Supply compared to the other sides), and tends to be their Achille's heel.

So is there also one eye on the Resources that a country has? I mean it's simply not done by building more Munitions Factories, you also have to have the resources to feed them so they generate output.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Shri

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:19 am

BigDuke66 wrote:Couldn't see it on the map but does this game use the map from "The Larger Europe Map Project"?
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?24730-The-Larger-Europe-Map-Project

So is there also one eye on the Resources that a country has? I mean it's simply not done by building more Munitions Factories, you also have to have the resources to feed them so they generate output.

Quite Historical too. See that stupid HINDERBURG program and the problems it caused to Germany as it neglected supply side issues.

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:03 pm

Will I be able to choose to lead Italy in the game, or I will have to lead all the entente nations (I apologise if the question has been already made in the past) ?
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.
Os stulti contritio eius.
Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.
Alea iacta est.
Mens sana in corpore sano.
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

Person of Interest

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Vincentius wrote:Will I be able to choose to lead Italy in the game, or I will have to lead all the entente nations (I apologise if the question has been already made in the past) ?

If you want to lead Italy you will also have to lead France and Britain. The CP is always a single Player and in a three-player game there will be a Russian, Serbian, and Romanian Player. Italy may stay neutral and I think they may even side with the CP in certain diplomatic situations.

Vincentius
Brigadier General

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:29 pm

So no chance to lead just my Italy :p ouet: ?
Italian videogamer (I love strategy games) :thumbsup:

Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos.

Os stulti contritio eius.

Hoc unum scio, me nihil scire.

Alea iacta est.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi ?

Person of Interest

Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Vincentius wrote:So no chance to lead just my Italy :p ouet: ?

Sorry, Italy only comes as a package deal because they may not even become a belligerent or could fight for either alliance.

Kensai

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:29 pm

This is great. As said earlier, I will be doing just that... convincing Italy to join the Central Powers or at least stay neutral for the entirety of the conflict. I want to study the feasibility of such an undertaking, whatever the cost for Austria*.

*Well, here we have an issue: will the NM loss affect the Germans as well (ie, all the Central Powers) or is it ethnicity-specific?
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Person of Interest

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Kensai wrote:This is great. As said earlier, I will be doing just that... convincing Italy to join the Central Powers or at least stay neutral for the entirety of the conflict. I want to study the feasibility of such an undertaking, whatever the cost for Austria*.

*Well, here we have an issue: will the NM loss affect the Germans as well (ie, all the Central Powers) or is it ethnicity-specific?

It is my guess that only the AH will take the NM hit since it would be reasonable to assume that Germany put pressure on them to accept the deal in the first place.

Kensai

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:26 pm

This implies that each nation (albeit in the same alliance) has its own NM and thus cohesion factors. This will be nice, but I haven't noticed such a thing in the screenshots so far. We will see.
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:

Person of Interest

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:14 am

Kensai wrote:This implies that each nation (albeit in the same alliance) has its own NM and thus cohesion factors. This will be nice, but I haven't noticed such a thing in the screenshots so far. We will see.

They did say that Russian NM would determine when they start to have political turmoil so if the Entente is played by a single player the NM would have to be separate in some way. Not really sure how it will work but I guess we will soon see.

Uawcat
Corporal

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:06 am

Person of Interest wrote:They did say that Russian NM would determine when they start to have political turmoil so if the Entente is played by a single player the NM would have to be separate in some way. Not really sure how it will work but I guess we will soon see.

As Altaris said there are three factions, CP, Western Entente, Eastern Entente. Therefore NM will be split at least between them. But I believe that there also will be a difference within the factions. Otherwise the decline of the french army after the Nivelle mutinies didn´t hinder the british offensives in 1917. The screenshot of Asia might point to the solution. It shows the german flag and perhaps its the same as with WWI Gold where the flag and stats changed to country currently selected.

Kensai

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:08 am

That would be a good thing and realistic. Let's hope it's this way. :)
Großdeutschland Mod

Shri

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:35 am

That is the way it should be, just because Austria experiences troubles in Bohemia shouldn't lead to a panic in Berlin.

Person of Interest

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:33 pm

Uawcat wrote:As Altaris said there are three factions, CP, Western Entente, Eastern Entente. Therefore NM will be split at least between them. But I believe that there also will be a difference within the factions. Otherwise the decline of the french army after the Nivelle mutinies didn´t hinder the british offensives in 1917. The screenshot of Asia might point to the solution. It shows the german flag and perhaps its the same as with WWI Gold where the flag and stats changed to country currently selected.

That sounds reasonable so hopefully it works somewhat like that.

Ironclad61
Major

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Interesting point... maybe something that need AGEOD in future games where a side has more than 1 nation is a way to move between diferent nations to control better resources, performance (i am curious about how is the report screen... i want know how many soldiers send my troops from X nation to the other side for example) and political decisions with diplomacy (in the end every nation has his own objetives and how affect neutrals is diferent).

Maybe a total split in nations inside a side could made player select one nation to leave AI control it.

The problem with NM is a strong nation could mantein in war weaker allies paying NM... think in CP wining by time for example.... one thing i dont know is if in political decisions you can send like in real life expeditionary forces to help an allied and this decisions pay a NM penalty.

Return to “To End All Wars”