hpalmer
Conscript

Need a guide to reorganizing Austro-Hungarian Armies

Mon May 28, 2018 2:41 am

Can anyone give me a comprehensive breakdown of how to structure my austro-hungarian armies? I don't fully understand the multi-nationality penalty and at the start the armies and corps are such a hodgepodge of croatians, hungarians, austrians, no nationality, czechs, etc.

Specific questions:
1. How many nationalities can I have together before I get a hit?
2. Are Austrians and Hungarians considered different nationalities? I don't seem to see many (or any) commanders with the Hungarian nationality...
3. If a commander has say, austro/czech nationality, can they command austrians, czechs, AND a 3rd nationality without a penalty? Or are they limited to just those 2.
4. Is artillery nationality neutral?
5. Do any of the landwehr upgrade to regular infantry over time from either events, time, or combat experience?

Thanks! I am just trying to get a handle on the nationality component and can't find much material on this...

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Need a guide to reorganizing Austro-Hungarian Armies

Tue May 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Don't take me as gospel on this - it's been a while since I played - but as far as I can recall:

1. Just the one - as soon as you get a mix you get a hit (unless you have the right multi-talented commander).
2. Yep, they're different. There are enough Hungarian "sensitive" commanders to go around but they're not always available when you need them.
3. Nope - you only get what's on the label. Anything extra costs you in effectiveness.
4. It seems so. Perhaps not entirely logical but certainly helpful.
5. I'm not at all sure, but I believe not.

Durk

Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:41 am

I concur with Epaminondas advice.

Landwehr can upgrade with experience. Artillery are neutral. It is easy to miss the command penalty as it shows only in battle, not in organization. Challenging to play this faction well, as it was historically.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:06 am

Is the mixed nationality penalty displayed in one of the small icons in the unit panel in the combat report?

Durk; do you mean that Landwehr can upgrade to regular infantry? If yes, are you sure of that?

Return to “To End All Wars”