TyrannicalTyler
Corporal

A couple of noob questions regarding tons of war supplies and FP

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:12 am

Every once in a while Tons of War Supplies seems to disappear on me. Is it because I am not currently producing enough war supplies in order to meet up with demands? I can only recruit new militia units when this happens. Is it a bug?

How do I tell when I have reached a limitation on how many units I can have? Does it have to do with a Force pool?

Thanks

Altaris

Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:25 pm

TyrannicalTyler wrote:Every once in a while Tons of War Supplies seems to disappear on me. Is it because I am not currently producing enough war supplies in order to meet up with demands? I can only recruit new militia units when this happens. Is it a bug?

How do I tell when I have reached a limitation on how many units I can have? Does it have to do with a Force pool?

Thanks

This doesn't sound normal at all can you post save of the turn where this occurred?

TyrannicalTyler
Corporal

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:07 pm

If it happens again I will, I usually just start a new one. I'm playing as Russia too. It seemed like last time it happened I had 2 ships in production(ones that I didn't order, scripted) and was ordering some heavy guns. Maybe I went over some sort of limit? I even tried validating my steam copy..

paladin333
Private

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:08 pm

I think you just using them up for building units and/or reinforcements. WSU is not consumed at all, it is just used for the building of the units and reinforcements.

TyrannicalTyler
Corporal

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:42 pm

I guess I must have a bad file? I wish I didn't delete the saves it happened more than once. Maybe it happens to Eastern Ent more?

paladin333
Private

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:45 pm

I am 99% sure you are using it up for buying troops or reinforcements. Heavy arty reinforcements could eat up a few hundreds of WSU for just one chit.

Ace

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:31 am

If you are playing Russia and have auto replacement turned on, it is normal not to have ws at all. Auto replacement wants to replace losses in every fortress gun on the map. Well, as Russia, you can't keep manned every fortress gun on the map. Since, they lack so much of ws, you have to economize and turn off auto replacement in game options. When manually buying replacement, just don't buy heavy guns, buy only light artillery replacements, you can't have more.

I've red recenty on one battle report from Russian officers where they wrote how entire lines of their infantry were blown up by heavy German artillery fire while they were not able to retailate at all simply because they had only 4 heavy guns at that part of the line.

TyrannicalTyler
Corporal

Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Thank you so much, Ace. That makes perfect sense! Yeah that was what I thought it had something to do with the heavy artillery and how much it takes up but I didn't factor in the auto replacements being on.

Yeah that makes sense, I know the Russians suffered from WS issues historically I just didn't think about auto replacements and how bad that would affect me. So no heavy guns what about medium guns?

paladin333
Private

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Ace, by the way, is it possible to prioritize stack receiving the reinforcements. I want to reinforce only arty units belonging to the acting armies only.

Return to “To End All Wars”