Leibst

Bug Reporting in english

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Please report here.

atm we have a problem related with buying replacements and another about some saved games i forgot to remove from FotN scenario (i recomend delete them).

edit:

Issues:
1.- Mouse always in click mode (affec ledger, options, replacements).
2.- Remove saved games of FotN.
3.- Subfactions flag dissapear in the filter in the ledger.
4.- Error message with filter in (F6) strategic map.
5.- Small font provoque crashes.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Very minor bug.

The replay feature is not working.

I have repaired that in WIA by adding a line to some configuration file, and then it appeared in the game options to turn it on and off, but I forgot what line in what file. When the patch adds it to the file, everybody can just use the game options.

Edit: I found the change, but unfortunately no option in game appeared:

in SCw\Settings\system.opt add the following lines:

// Replay
inoReplay = 1

Leibst

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:52 pm

yes, you got it! :thumbsup:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

romatrei
Private

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:25 pm

First of all, congratulations for the release of the game. :thumbsup:

Obviously there is a problem with the replacements but you already noticed it.
From what I saw:
- A really small problem in the options menu: when you want to change the level of the AI, it speaks of "centurion" level, "tribune" level etc I guess it comes from Alea Jacta Est.
- When there are options in F3, F4, etc I don't have to click for an option to be chosen: I just move the mouse over the picture of the option and it selects it automatically. I don't know if it works as intended or if it is a problem but I'm not a big fan of it.

Minor issues as you can see for now.

cdu802
Corporal

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:34 am

What I've noticed so far is that you are not able to click on any item in the ledger from the units in the forces F1 tab, to F2 where you cannot click to buy replacements, to the F3-F5 tabs where again you cannot click to make any decisions. If you could fix it to allow us to click on the ledger items, I think it would go a long way. Also it would help to have ledger buttons like we see in the other Ageod games I'm enjoying learning about this era, and trying to learn where the cities are in Spain so I'm having fun with it anyway!

kongxinga
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 am

Is there a reason why nationalists do not have ability to create divisions activated? The replacements bug means I cannot click a chit to buy it, I have to hover over it from the right, and am limited to 1 chit per turn when I have a stack of conscripts and war supply.

To say call the africans home I would have to hover over it, and I can't click it, confirming the event bug.

Also a UI complaint, why are there no clickable icons to go to ledger instead of using f1 f2 etc?

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:18 am

Crash at start. After having set in French language and Small fonts:
Extracts of MainLog:
10:40:18 [Warning ] ULocalize.LoadLocalStrings: Alias too short at line 1280 need at least 3 chars (ignored): " §Beachten Sie, dass ein Panzerzug angekommen ist (die in Rot gehaltene Nachricht im Nachrichtenfeld). Doppelklicken Sie auf diese Nachricht. Wenn Sie sie gelesen haben, doppelklicken Sie auf die zweite Nachricht (Vorbereitung zum Angriff) um fortzufahren. §§Bewegen Sie Hägglunds Kolonne südwärts nach Loimaa zur Unterstützung Mannerheims (Sie müssen auch diesmal den Marsch durch Tampere vermeiden. Wir sind immer noch nicht bereit zum Angriff).§§Hinweis: wenn Sie eine Marschorder ausgeben, vermeiden Sie es, die Truppen direkt auf eine verbündete Einheit zu stellen. Dies würde den Befehl zur Zusammenlegung dieser Truppen geben. Ein Symbol unterhalb des Haltungssymbols würde erscheinen, das diesen Befehl anzeigt. Um derartige versehentliche Zusammenlegungen zu verhindern, können Sie Einheiten mit einem Rechtsklick auf die Einheit im Einheitenfeld 'sperren' (mit Strg-L können Sie dies für alle Truppen tun).§Stellen Sie eine Einheit auf eine feindliche, geben Sie dadurch den Befehl, diese abzufangen. Selbst, wenn diese sich bewegt.§Nun müssen wir abwarten, dass Mannerheims Armee in Loimaa ankommt.§§ Beenden Sie nun die Runde. in file: J:\Jeux\Espana 1936\SCW\Settings\Localstrings_SCW.csv Can be a key parsed in alias itself! ($Cavalry = Cavalerie would be 3 = Cavalerie ...
10:40:18 [Warning ] ULocalize.LoadLocalStrings: Alias too short at line 1742 need at least 3 chars (ignored): " El dia 18 de Julio día el general Cabanellas ordena la detención de muchos dirigentes de los partidos republicanos y las organizaciones obreras para desactivar la posible resistencia obrera y popular al golpe, que finalmente consuma en la madrugada del día siguiente,*domingo 19 de julio, al proclamar el estado de guerra y conseguir la adhesión a la insurrección de la Guardia Civil y de la Guardia de Asalto. El gobernador civil*Vera Coronel*es depuesto y las armas que el gobierno le había ordenado que entregara a los sindicatos obreros son enviadas de inmediato a Pamplona para armar a las milicias requetés. in file: J:\Jeux\Espana 1936\SCW\Settings\Localstrings_SCW.csv Can be a key parsed in alias itself! ($Cavalry = Cavalerie would be 3 = Cavalerie ...
10:42:13 (Reporting) TMediaLibrarian.GetMediaInfo: Unable to find MediaInfo for image: splash fr.png
10:42:13 [Critical ] TAGFonts.Get Object index 0 too high
10:42:13 [Error ] TAgeDxComponentList.ParseObject Exception caught: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 0048EBFC dans le module 'SCW.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000004J:\Jeux\Espana 1936\SCW\FrontEnd\GUIAirBattle.dfm object lbAirBattleTitle: TAgeLabelD AGE LABEL

bob.
General

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:30 pm

Having the same problems with the ledger. I also noticed that if you click on one of the nationalities in the list of sub-factions, you seem to be unable to reset it to show all factions again? (Also, the countries not selected just become hidden, would be better like in Alea Jacta Est where they become smaller or greyed out)

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Heres my logfile for my recent crash (They are frequent in all my AGEOD games). Let me know if theres anything useful in there.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Carnium

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:50 pm

schmolywar wrote:Heres my logfile for my recent crash (They are frequent in all my AGEOD games). Let me know if theres anything useful in there.

No erros there. Please post ScriptReports from Espana 1936\SCW\Scripts

If you get frequent crashes in AGEOD games then it might be a problem with your computer.
Please update the following:
- graphic card driver
- directx 9.0c

What operating system do you have?

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:30 pm

See files for both.
Attachments

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:36 pm

More
Attachments

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:44 pm

There is an error in evt_nam_SouthFront2 event.
i will take a look at it.

But this error doesnt provoque a crash.
HQ website

Highlandcharge

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for a great game, I am looking forward to get a pbem or 2 started

Yes in my game also cant order replacements in the F2 window, will there be a fix released soon?

Thanks

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Ok, I can report something weird; I just deleted all savegames, including the ones left by the designer, and suddenly the replacement thing worked as normal, also clicking events and activating them worked as normal.

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Nope, it just reverted back to normal. :-)

dakar
Civilian

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi, I bought the game today and I got a strange bug. I posted it in the spanish forum but I am going to post it here too.
When I hit the next turn button I get a message that says "el archivo parece estar bloqueado por el sistema operativo, por favor inténtelo más tarde" (the file seems to be blocked by the operating system please try later) and I cannot end turn. Any ideas?.

schmolywar
Private

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Tried the campaign game again and it crashed at the same location. Is there a way to upload the savegame files? I get an invalid file message when trying to upload here.

Nevermind, here they are.
Attachments
critical error.rar
(493.76 KiB) Downloaded 287 times

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:13 pm

@Dakar. Run the game as administrator.
HQ website

Leibst

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:50 pm

schmolywar wrote:Tried the campaign game again and it crashed at the same location. Is there a way to upload the savegame files? I get an invalid file message when trying to upload here.

Nevermind, here they are.

I have tried with a new installation and works fine.
Maybe you have change the Fonts? someone reported an error with small fonts.

Its nice to see in your game Athena doing some good things. :w00t:
HQ website

Highlandcharge

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Any word on the ledger fix?

kongxinga
Private

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 am

Hey fellow commandantes. I am turn 40 as nationalists, and I have the reds on the run. I have them beaten so badly the turn refuses to compile, so enclosing my log and save as instructed there. It is early 1937 and I am at the door of Madrid already. North is done, basques are in coma etc. I think nationalists are too easy, unlike whites in Russia where it was a Titanic struggle to kill the communist behemoth which can take both white players, poland and minors and win.

My bug is turn refuses to compile, going back a turn still does not fix it. Feels like a PON like bug.
Attachments
SpanishCivilWar2.zip
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 282 times

Leibst

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 am

Pocus take a look please at this error of kongxinga i don't see where is the bug.

Anyway you can continue the game kongxinga.
HQ website

dakar
Civilian

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:@Dakar. Run the game as administrator.

Thanks Leib, that got solved but now I have a new problem. I am playing with the republicans and I have reached April 1937 but then I get a agame killing crash. I am attaching [ATTACH]25079[/ATTACH] the log
Attachments

Boggit
Private

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:14 am

Hi Leib :)

Thank you for the beta patch. A couple of things you may want to consider, not dealt with by the beta patch... I noticed these after just a few turns of play:

No Function tabs for various game functions. In previous games like BoR there are Function key tabs, or one main one in RuS. This makes things harder, especially for newbies, as it the GUI is not so intuitive as the other AGEOD games. Fortunately I have experience of other AGEOD games, so knew to use the function keys to get to where I wanted.

War Ministry Replacements (F2)

The black font type on dark grey background is extremely hard to read – far better to use a contrasting colour like, white or yellow to improve readability – or change the dark grey background to a light grey if changing the black font colour is more difficult. RuS uses a white font colour, which is very readable, and shows it can be done to improve clarity. This remains unresolved with the beta patch. Please do something about this as it makes reading the screen difficult when it needn't be.

Background (F8)
The text is presented in one great unformatted mass. It needs to be broken into paragraphs to improve readability. At the moment it just looks unprofessional, since it should have been picked up pre-release and be very easy to fix.

I am starting to prepare a review of the game for Grogheads.com. I will be checking out the game in some detail, so if it helps you improve the game I am more than happy to give you feedback if it helps the game improve. Pocus has my email (I'd say PM me, but because of time pressure, I'm only an occasional visitor here), so feel free to contact me if you feel I might be of help to you. I can see you've put a lot of effort into the game, but silly things like the black script on a dark grey backround :blink :( replacements) really undermine the quality of your work.

Best regards
Boggit :)

kongxinga
Private

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:47 am

Hey, I would like to continue, but everytime I click end turn there is a fatal error. I started another games as Nats, and it is turn 1938, I am at the door step of madrid again, and same crash. I think it is a AGE engine problem, since I get this in other games, but it is so frustrating. I had 146 NM to their 60, barcelona was almost gone, and was going to attack madrid.

Seems like I keep getting crashes near turn 40. Should I send another log? I think it is similar to the first one I sent.

cdu802
Corporal

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:39 am

When playing the Republic I still am unable to purchase Basque replacements, it doesn't work to click on them. Also am wondering if you plan on putting the ledger buttons back under the weather window. I have a disability with my hands and it's a lot easier for me to use a mouse than have to type on a key. Thanks

Durk

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:46 am

kongxinga wrote:Hey, I would like to continue, but everytime I click end turn there is a fatal error. I started another games as Nats, and it is turn 1938, I am at the door step of madrid again, and same crash. I think it is a AGE engine problem, since I get this in other games, but it is so frustrating. I had 146 NM to their 60, barcelona was almost gone, and was going to attack madrid.

Seems like I keep getting crashes near turn 40. Should I send another log? I think it is similar to the first one I sent.

Not sure if this is your issue, but are you running as an administrator? This is typically why I see these results, if I do not run as admin.

Durk

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 am

cdu802 wrote:When playing the Republic I still am unable to purchase Basque replacements, it doesn't work to click on them. Also am wondering if you plan on putting the ledger buttons back under the weather window. I have a disability with my hands and it's a lot easier for me to use a mouse than have to type on a key. Thanks

Have you updated with the beta patch? This fixed it for me.

kongxinga
Private

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Durk wrote:Not sure if this is your issue, but are you running as an administrator? This is typically why I see these results, if I do not run as admin.

Tried that, still no go. Man I had just bought a ambulance and transmission and engineers and mountaineers for franco and was going to add a HQ. Here is the logs.
Attachments
SpanishCivilWarN2.zip
(73.69 KiB) Downloaded 262 times

Return to “España Technical Support”