Leibst

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm

cdu802 wrote:When playing the Republic I still am unable to purchase Basque replacements, it doesn't work to click on them. Also am wondering if you plan on putting the ledger buttons back under the weather window. I have a disability with my hands and it's a lot easier for me to use a mouse than have to type on a key. Thanks

Hi cdu802, only in some AGEOD games we have that feature you want. España as RuS doesn't has that BUT, as in January i became to use AJE exe we have that functionality but without graphics and without translation.
Put this folder after unzip in graphics/frontend folder and you will have that feature working. I will study to incorpore it in next patch with translation and correct situation on the interface (it is a bit to the left imo).
[ATTACH]25087[/ATTACH]

regarding the problem with the replacements the beta patch solve it. :thumbsup:
Attachments
TopBarUpg.zip
(55.46 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Boggit wrote:Hi Leib :)

Thank you for the beta patch. A couple of things you may want to consider, not dealt with by the beta patch... I noticed these after just a few turns of play:

No Function tabs for various game functions. In previous games like BoR there are Function key tabs, or one main one in RuS. This makes things harder, especially for newbies, as it the GUI is not so intuitive as the other AGEOD games. Fortunately I have experience of other AGEOD games, so knew to use the function keys to get to where I wanted.

War Ministry Replacements (F2)

The black font type on dark grey background is extremely hard to read – far better to use a contrasting colour like, white or yellow to improve readability – or change the dark grey background to a light grey if changing the black font colour is more difficult. RuS uses a white font colour, which is very readable, and shows it can be done to improve clarity. This remains unresolved with the beta patch. Please do something about this as it makes reading the screen difficult when it needn't be.

Background (F8)
The text is presented in one great unformatted mass. It needs to be broken into paragraphs to improve readability. At the moment it just looks unprofessional, since it should have been picked up pre-release and be very easy to fix.

I am starting to prepare a review of the game for Grogheads.com. I will be checking out the game in some detail, so if it helps you improve the game I am more than happy to give you feedback if it helps the game improve. Pocus has my email (I'd say PM me, but because of time pressure, I'm only an occasional visitor here), so feel free to contact me if you feel I might be of help to you. I can see you've put a lot of effort into the game, but silly things like the black script on a dark grey backround :blink :( replacements) really undermine the quality of your work.

Best regards
Boggit :)

Hi Boggit, thanks for taking a look at the game. Yes you're right we need to solve that kind of things to make the game better. Waiting for that review :cool:
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Leibst

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:12 pm

schmolywar wrote:Tried the campaign game again and it crashed at the same location. Is there a way to upload the savegame files? I get an invalid file message when trying to upload here.

Nevermind, here they are.

Hi schmolywar, i have good and bad news for you. The good news is that you can continue your game. The bad news is that it seem you cant use rail sabotage Regional Decision.
I have to study what is the problem but if you don use it the game continues without crash.
HQ website

schmolywar
Private

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Ok anknowledged, thank you.

Leibst

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:54 am

HQ website

Leibst

Game Crash provoqued by Rail Sabotage RGD solved

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 am

Hi,
Will be added in next patch but its solved. You can fix it with this file. Put it unzipped in the Events folder.
[ATTACH]25101[/ATTACH]

Thanks to Bohemond and Pocus. :thumbsup:
Attachments
RegionsDecisions.zip
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
HQ website

Kal
Corporal

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Thank you guys for such a rapid support on those fixes.
[SIGPIC]http://www.ageod-forum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3112&dateline=1192800426[/SIGPIC]

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 pm

The "always clicking mouse" bug ruins the game, since I cannot buy replacements.
But I am certain this will be fixed very soon. It looks like yet another great game from AGEOD :)

Highlandcharge

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi le Anders the "click" issue was fixed in the latest beta :)

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 pm

got a link to where that betapatch was posted? Because I just downloaded one patch, and it did not fix the issue.

le Anders
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Hi le Anders the "click" issue was fixed in the latest beta :)

Upon reinstalling the patch, it would appear that it now works.

smokediver
Conscript

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:06 pm

I installed the 1.0a patch and used the regional decision "hotfix" before. My game still crashes during turn resolution. I can reproduce the crash. Usually I just loaded the game and went to the turn before. Then everything went fine. At least for a while. I hope you find the nasty bug :sherlock:

[ATTACH]25134[/ATTACH]
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Leibst

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi smokediver. Your log is exactly as the bug fixed about the RGD. Post a saved game please.
HQ website

smokediver
Conscript

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:Hi smokediver. Your log is exactly as the bug fixed about the RGD. Post a saved game please.

Aye, aye, sir. I hope i've sent the right files...

[ATTACH]25135[/ATTACH]
Attachments
SpanishCivilWar REP~NAC.zip
(998.31 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

Leibst

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Smokediver you game runs without crashes in my computer. I'm sure you have no installed correctly the patch.
When installing the patch you have to select the same folder of the game and the new files are added or replace the wrong ones.

Look the date of the RegionsDecisions File

[ATTACH]25137[/ATTACH]
Attachments
smokediver.jpg
HQ website

smokediver
Conscript

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:10 am

Thank you Leibstandarte for the kind advice. I reinstalled the whole game and apllied the 1.0a patch again. I checked twice, but the patch was installed in the game folder. But it didn't change the "RegionsDecisions" file. (date remained the same) I installed the patch into an empty folder and the RegionsDecisions file still had the old date (17.09.2013). So i think it might be the patch. I solved the crash anyway with the "hotfix" you provided in another thread. Since i aplied the new "RegionsDecisions" file the game runs like a charm. Thank you! The game is great.

punderland
Conscript

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:17 pm

I was a big fan of RUS and feel like a fool for buying this....

The game is bug plagued. I try to order reinforcement in the ledger and end up that I can't. When I hover my mouse over the reinforcement pool, it automatically clicks on reinforcement for me.

Then I try to click nonetheless. Add one point and reduce one point is what I get. Make no difference when I try to click. It just increase one hit point and decrease again. (e.g. I click REP Line infantry, it increases to 1 in the () and decrease back to 0 for the second click) Other times, it just gives no response. And then I hover over the faction, it changes automatically without me clicking (hover over the Anarchist, the pool changes to Anarchist)

P.S. The recurring background music is getting to my nerve

I understand this was a mod at the first place. But releasing this unsophisticated product is rude and disrespectful. This severely damages customer loyalty

picaron

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:44 pm

punderland wrote:I was a big fan of RUS and feel like a fool for buying this....

The game is bug plagued. I try to order reinforcement in the ledger and end up that I can't. When I hover my mouse over the reinforcement pool, it automatically clicks on reinforcement for me.

Then I try to click nonetheless. Add one point and reduce one point is what I get. Make no difference when I try to click. It just increase one hit point and decrease again. (e.g. I click REP Line infantry, it increases to 1 in the () and decrease back to 0 for the second click) Other times, it just gives no response. And then I hover over the faction, it changes automatically without me clicking (hover over the Anarchist, the pool changes to Anarchist)

P.S. The recurring background music is getting to my nerve

I understand this was a mod at the first place. But releasing this unsophisticated product is rude and disrespectful. This severely damages customer loyalty

First you have not applied the patch.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?33142-Espa%F1a-1936-Public-Beta-Patch-1-01c-%2831st-October-2013%29

The music can remove

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Leibst

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi punderland, you are right in part. But the main bug of the release was impossible to test but anyway it was an error and i feel bad for that. Anyway i saw it before the release and the first beta patch was released inmediatly in October.
You only need 1.0b and 1.0c and the game runs well.
I'm still working to release a new minor patch an a new scenario.
HQ website

Return to “España Technical Support”