JWW
Sergeant

A small bug in my US campaign

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:02 am

Every year I get this message, I guess from 1851-55, which is where I am in my game.

Mission 'LuxuriesWinesTheBestLargest worldwide production of Rice' in Progress
Your mission' Largest worldwide production of Rice' is well in progress, you have reached the target this year.

and this one

Mission 'Largest worldwide production of Coal' in Progress
Your mission 'Largest worldwide production of Coal' is well in progress, you have reached the target this year.

But those are not USA assigned missions, at least not in my F1 screen. My listed missions are to have the second largest warfleet, the second largest merchant fleet, and the largest cotton production.

I am ignoring them at this point and hope they cause no future game problems. If I knew anything about writing scripts for the game, I could probably correct them, but I don't, so I will just report them.

Edit - I should add that I am getting no reports on two of my missions listed in F1. I'm getting a report on the warfleet but no reports on the other two missions. Perhaps the two bogus missions I listed are substituting for the ones in my F1 list.
But for my immediate purposes, as long as it doesn't break the game, I'm not concerned, even if it costs me some points here or there. I'm just trying to play through rather than win.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: A small bug in my US campaign

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:08 pm

JWW wrote:Every year I get this message, I guess from 1851-55, which is where I am in my game.

Mission 'LuxuriesWinesTheBestLargest worldwide production of Rice' in Progress
Your mission' Largest worldwide production of Rice' is well in progress, you have reached the target this year.

and this one

Mission 'Largest worldwide production of Coal' in Progress
Your mission 'Largest worldwide production of Coal' is well in progress, you have reached the target this year.

But those are not USA assigned missions, at least not in my F1 screen. My listed missions are to have the second largest warfleet, the second largest merchant fleet, and the largest cotton production.

I am ignoring them at this point and hope they cause no future game problems. If I knew anything about writing scripts for the game, I could probably correct them, but I don't, so I will just report them.

Edit - I should add that I am getting no reports on two of my missions listed in F1. I'm getting a report on the warfleet but no reports on the other two missions. Perhaps the two bogus missions I listed are substituting for the ones in my F1 list.
But for my immediate purposes, as long as it doesn't break the game, I'm not concerned, even if it costs me some points here or there. I'm just trying to play through rather than win.

The missions and mission progress reports are fairly buggy. The reports I get are usually inaccurate. It is not until the mission ends that I have any idea if they succeeded or not. The good news is that the only thing it effects in the game is prestige score, and the amount of prestige awarded for the missions is pretty minimal when you consider that it takes a ten year period for them to be awarded. In most cases, you can get more prestige just by building and operating a shipyard for several years.

Also, missions are given only at the start of the game. You will never get another mission. I think the intent was to have new missions generated every ten years or so, but this feature was another problem of having the game published too soon by Paradox, in my opinion.

JWW
Sergeant

Re: A small bug in my US campaign

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Thank you for the reply. Glad I can safely ignore the missions and mission errors.

Edit - I've played this game a little off and on but have never gone full tilt into the game until now, that is, a major commitment. It is truly an amazing game.

Return to “Help improve PON”