loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Post 1.04.03 event pack

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:14 pm

I've had another go at 3 problematic events - the Crimean Chain, US Civil War and cleaning up India after the mutiny has been beatem.

the 3 events in this pack replace USA_Events, GBR_Events and Crimean_Crisis. Before adding them strongly suggest you back up these files. I've tested but things do go wrong.

The USA event makes a Civil War by early/mid 1861 all but inevitable. The key bit is the CSA armies will now spawn reliably. Indian mutiny just adds extra tests for odd combinations of province ownership. Crimean will see war between Russia and Turkey fairly reliably. An AI Britain or France will join in (no guarentee they will actually do anything), a player controlled France or Britain gets a CB.

I'll pass the reworked spreadsheets to the Phils so hopefully this will make any additional patches.

PoN modifications.zip
(26 KiB) Downloaded 367 times

Random
AGEod Veteran

Re: Post 1.04.03 event pack

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 pm

This is great, many thanks.

-C

PhilThib

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:07 am

Thanks Loki

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:46 am

Thanks for doing this. As always, your heroic efforts to support this game are very much appreciated.

Please forgive my computer ignorance, but how would I install this event pack?

CarlosDanger
Civilian

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:42 am

Thanks for this! As a relatively new player, it really means a lot to see you guys still supporting the game after all this time. Seriously, this is really appreciated.

vaalen wrote:Thanks for doing this. As always, your heroic efforts to support this game are very much appreciated.

If I'm understanding the file structure of the game correctly, all you need to do is go to the folder where you installed the game, go into the VGN folder, then go into the Events folder, and then paste the three files that Loki provided there (you should answer yes when you're asked if you want to overwrite the existing files in that folder).

For example, my install path was "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Pride of Nations\VGN\Events" since I bought my copy of the game from Steam. Yours might be a little different if you got your copy elsewhere.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:56 am

vaalen wrote:....

Easiest is open the directory \vgn\events and find the events Crimean Crisis, GBR Events and US Civil War. Simply rename these (say add a '1' at the end). This will mean you keep the originals just in case you do need them.

Then download the attached file and put into the same vgn/events. Open it and the new events will then be in the directory and will run as needed. Little bit fiddly but they will be incorporated into the next patch.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:21 pm

CarlosDanger wrote:Thanks for this! As a relatively new player, it really means a lot to see you guys still supporting the game after all this time. Seriously, this is really appreciated.

vaalen wrote:Thanks for doing this. As always, your heroic efforts to support this game are very much appreciated.

If I'm understanding the file structure of the game correctly, all you need to do is go to the folder where you installed the game, go into the VGN folder, then go into the Events folder, and then paste the three files that Loki provided there (you should answer yes when you're asked if you want to overwrite the existing files in that folder).

For example, my install path was "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Pride of Nations\VGN\Events" since I bought my copy of the game from Steam. Yours might be a little different if you got your copy elsewhere.

Welcome to the game, CarlosDanger. And thank you for the help, it is very much appreciated!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:26 pm

loki100 wrote:
vaalen wrote:....

Easiest is open the directory \vgn\events and find the events Crimean Crisis, GBR Events and US Civil War. Simply rename these (say add a '1' at the end). This will mean you keep the originals just in case you do need them.

Then download the attached file and put into the same vgn/events. Open it and the new events will then be in the directory and will run as needed. Little bit fiddly but they will be incorporated into the next patch.

Thanks, Loki. As always, your help is very much appreciated.

Fixing these events is huge, especially the Civil War events, which should mean that the Union will no longer have quick, easy victories over the Confederacy.

I was going to play Russia after my current game as France, but now I also want to play the US. What a pleasant problem to have!

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Sorry about this but realised I'd hooked up the AI British and French responses to the Crimean War to the wrong test event.

If you are using this pack, replace these two events in the Crimean Crisis event file with:

SelectFaction = FRA
SelectRegion = $Constantinople

StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_CrimeanCrisis1853_FranceAI|1|2|Null|Null|$Constantinople|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1852/01/01
MaxDate = 1862/01/01
CheckAILevel = 1
EvalEvent = evt_nam_RUS_CrimeanCrisis1853_ON;=;1

SelectFaction = FRA
AddDiploItem = RUS;$diWar;CURRENT

EndEvent

SelectFaction = GBR
SelectRegion = $Constantinople

StartEvent = evt_nam_RUS_CrimeanCrisis1853_BritainAI|1|2|Null|Null|$Constantinople|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1852/01/01
MaxDate = 1862/01/01
CheckAILevel = 1
EvalEvent = evt_nam_RUS_CrimeanCrisis1853_ON;=;1

SelectFaction = GBR
AddDiploItem = RUS;$diWar;CURRENT

EndEvent

I'll update both the formal files for the next patch and those attached to this thread asap.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Thank you!

-C

Scipionminos
Private

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:40 am

Sorry to ask but could you specify the text part to be updated FRA and ENG AI response?) as I am not sure which line to replace. Thank you

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:57 am

Scipionminos wrote:Sorry to ask but could you specify the text part to be updated FRA and ENG AI response?) as I am not sure which line to replace. Thank you

Easiest is to open the event file for the Crimean war and do a search for the two events (the new version has the same name as the old one). Simply copy and replace the originals.

more precisely only 1 line in each event has changed - the 'evalevent' command as this was pointing to the wrong event so the test failed. You could simply replace that line in both the French and British events with the text in this thread.

and then watch the AI invade the Crimea - which is rather nice to see

Return to “Help improve PON”