vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Any idea when the new patch will be ready?

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:31 pm

I would like to know if anyone has an estimate on when the new patch will be available, or any kind of time frame.

I am not trying to rush anyone, I would just like an idea of when to expect it, if that is possible.

Thanks,

Vaalen

Siegfroh
Major

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Pocus wrote:The 1.04 official should be available in July also.

Only another eleven months to go ;-)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Siegfroh wrote:Only another eleven months to go ;-)

Ha ha. Very funny, Siegfroh.

I am waiting for the patch to start my next campaign, and life without PON is different. Maybe I will play the Russo Japanese War and Indian Mutiny scenarios in the meantime.

If anyone from AGEOD would care to give an estimate, it might make me fell better.

Siegfroh
Major

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:34 am

vaalen wrote:I am waiting for the patch to start my next campaign

You are not the only one ;-)

Investing a lot of time in a long campaign seems futile when I don't know whether the changes I make to some game files for a better personal game experience, will be compatible with the new patch or not.

And I still hope all the reported errors in the 1850 scenario, which dates from 2012, will be mended as well, so that I won't have to do it myself.

But I bought the game in 2011 and have been waiting for a bugless version ever since, so it helps me to become more patient ...

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 pm

You are definitely not the only one Vaalen. I've been waiting all summer for news on the update. My hope is that it shaves a little time off the turn processing. Anything that makes this spectacular game a little better is a very good thing!

Pocus

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 am

It was available internally but QA wanted more time, and then with reduced crew (vacation)) it slipped under the radar.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Maple Leaf
Conscript

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Thanks Pocus. I'll be patient. I hope you take all of these questions as a compliment toward your team's great work.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Pocus wrote:It was available internally but QA wanted more time, and then with reduced crew (vacation)) it slipped under the radar.

Pocus, I hope QA will get it back on the radar, very soon. We have waited for a very long time.

I am not as patient as Maple Leaf, who is better in this regard than I. But my strong desire to see the patch finished soon is because this is simply the best game ever made, one that is always fascinating, despite its problems. That is your fault, and PhilThibs, for making the game so great.

To be truthful, I like the systems in PON, which are a modified version of the traditional Ageod system, with many additions, the best. And I doubt we will ever see this magnificent system again.

I will never forgive Paradox for the way they never properly supported this game, starting with release at an absurdly low price for a new game at that time, and many other things.

And I will always be grateful to you and PhilThib for not abandoning this game, and for creating it and improving it.

So I will endure the wait. If you can give us some kind of estimate it will make waiting easier, and if you cannot, I will endure. And grumble, as that is the privilege of a Grognard.

djconklin
Private

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:10 pm

Maple Leaf wrote:Thanks Pocus. I'll be patient. I hope you take all of these questions as a compliment toward your team's great work.
Here, here!

djconklin
Private

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:12 pm

vaalen wrote:Pocus, I hope QA will get it back on the radar, very soon. We have waited for a very long time.

And here I am looking for 1.05! Make it windowed!

And I will always be grateful to you and PhilThib for not abandoning this game, and for creating it and improving it.

So I will endure the wait. If you can give us some kind of estimate it will make waiting easier, and if you cannot, I will endure. And grumble, as that is the privilege of a Grognard.
Amen to that!

jscott991
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:21 am

Yes, any kind of estimate would be great.

I am just about to come back to this game after burning out on Kaiserreich.

Return to “Help improve PON”