Christophe.Barot

PON2-scripting Turning points - l'Entente Cordiale

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 am

/[color="#40E0D0"]/OK I'll begin by this event, it's structural, it introduces a strong bias, BUT it is conditional and pretty logical - Idea is to have AI react as a (good) human player would do
//of course, those events derive from historic analysis, where Germany was the dominant (military) power - those draw reactions, and those reactions are rproduced there
//with Pangermanism, panslavism, and this one, don't think all those will be detrimental to ANY germany and aim to isolate her (just wait the Alvensleben modifications)
// but this one is one of the best known, best documented, and most spectacular diplomatic moves - therefore I begin by it - it's the simplest work that is[/color] ;)
[color="#40E0D0"]// historicity, well, I don't stick to history just because it "just happened that way" but cause it could (and did), I try to replicate the causal logic, and if logic was good enough for British cabinet, Bismarck, or the Czar
//then it is good enough for me and I try to incorporate it, as my goal is to place the player into the real "boots" of the 19th century rulers, not a fictious world
//where nobility accept passively to see her privileges disappear, and nation nationalist, industrials, bankers, and military spheres are not biased (and even blinded), do not DEMAND territories, colonies, or discrimination
//or don't have the political influence and muscle to actually get it ! this is the design philosophy which underlies the offered/proposed choices - analysis is TOTALLY open to discussion
// from A to Z, both in terms of historicity (no taboos) and terms of gaameplay[/color]

[ATTACH]25725[/ATTACH]

SelectFaction = $CMN
SelectRegion = $Anglia
StartEvent = Event_nam_CMN_Entente_cordiale|1|2|NULL|NULL|$Anglia|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1904/01/04
MaxDate = 1920/12/31

SelectFaction = $GBR
CheckAILevel = 1

EvalIsAtPeaceWith = FRA

SelectFaction = $FRA

EvalIsAtPeaceWith = BEL
EvalRgnOwned = $Luxemburg;NOT
EvalRgnOwned = $Wallonie;NOT
EvalRgnOwned = $Vlaandern.NOT

SelectFaction = $GER
EvalDiploItem = FRA;$diDefensiveTreaty;NOT
EvalDiploItem = GBR;$diDefensiveTreaty;NOT
[color="#FF0000"]//edited, correct alias is $diDefensiveTreaty and not $diAllianceTreaty - btw it should be corrected in agewiki - example is wrong - will induce sripters in error[/color]
EvalRgnOwned = $Bayern
EvalRgnOwned = $Sachsen
EvalRgnOwned = $Hannover
EvalRgnOwned = $Wuerttemberg
EvalRgnOwned = $Baden
EvalRgnOwned = $Saar
EvalRgnOwned = $Pfalz

[color="#40E0D0"]// we just test balance and here clearly unity AND INTEGRITY of germany are achieved
// Alsace-Lorraine is not the problem for britain, ability of germany to crush France is[/color]

SelectFaction = $GER
RegInit = 1
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags GER;Domains $Land

SelectFaction = $FRA
RegInit = 2
SelectSubUnits = Area $Continents_Europe;FactionTags FRA;Domains $Land

RegEval = 1;>;2
RegDeactivate = NULL

SelectFaction = $GBR

RegInit = 3
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags GBR;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip

$famCarrierShip $famSubmarine

SelectFaction = $FRA
RegInit = 4
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags FRA;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip

SelectFaction = $RUS
RegInit = 5
SelectSubUnits = FactionTags RUS;Families $famHvyWarship $famLightWarship $famRaiderShip $famHvyCoastalShip $famLitCoastalShip

RegInit = 6
RegSum = Registry 4 5
RegEval = 3;>;6
RegDeactivate = NULL

SelectFaction = $GBR
EvalVP = >; FRA

SelectFaction = $GER
EvalVP = >; FRA

[color="#40E0D0"]//I simplified conditions for AI -requirements are ONLY balance (Germany superior army is a threat for balance and must be deterred)

//I won't enter for sake of simplicity for AI in calculations of alliances, Germany may be allied with Russia or not
//Austria allied and counter Russia, Russia in a poor shape, or even allied with Germany
//[color="#FF0000"](and send ahistorically an expeditionnary corps to the Rhine)[/color] this can be refined later -I consider a duel France-United Germany
// required conditions : German land threat to france, and absence of German+Russian naval threat

// (other hypothesis of threat discarded as Hun-likely ;) ) historically German Policy (agressivity and threatening shipbuilding) played a great role

//of course, France must not be a threat for Belgium bigger threat to victory Balance than germany but this is very likely
//and other peace conditions speak by themselves - yes indeed It's LESS demanding conditions than history but still a logical British choice a (good) player will do and AI should

// I discarded aleas driving to artificial bad relations - snowball effect is to counter, such things improve relations dynamically

// and so for simplicity sake let aside colonial situation checks too (as no war resulted) - a "normal" French who did not
//indulge into sweeping the Board and annexing Belgium, and lost "normally" a war against Prussia
//(or let Prussia unite by diplomatic weird choice) will have British support
//as Germany should be therefore more powerful/of a threat

//is part of balancing game - a smaller Prussia not united and with a small army won't provoke this - big fleet France
//or Russia will prevent it (for the latter, rationale is too big fleet Russia is THE British concern, not Germany)[/color]

Actions

[color="#FF0000"]//another common message in the press - I'll write the text as soon as I'll know how to enter the excel script
//into a ready to test sct form
//ditto for images[/color]

SelectFaction = $GBR
AddDiploItem = FRA;$diShowSupport;CURRENT
ChgFacRelationships = FRA;10
SelectFaction = $FRA
ChangeFacMorale = 10
SelectFaction = $GER
ChangeFacMorale = -5

SelectFaction = $GBR
AI.SetDiploItemBias = TUR;*War*;200;*CB*;100;*Military*;100;*Supply*;50;*Passage*;50
AI.SetDiploItemBias = RUS;*War*;90;*CB*;40;*Military*;100
AI.SetDiploItemBias = AUS;*Military*;40
AI.SetDiploItemBias = FRA;*War*;90;*CB*;10;*Military*;200;*DipSupport*;300
[color="#40E0D0"]//Alliance with France and Russia will be increased further conditionally with German agressive moves, naval or towards Belgium[/color]
AI.SetDiploItemBias = ITA;*War*;90
[color="#40E0D0"]//no closer relations with Italy yet[/color]
AI.SetDiploItemBias = GER;*War*;200;*Military*;50

[color="#40E0D0"]//France reaction : no change for Russia as GBR-RUS relations may vary - France more confident against Germany
//and ready to commit for Belgium[/color]

SelectFaction = $FRA
AI.SetDiploItemBias = AUS;*War*;100;*CB*;0;*Military*;50;*Supply*;0;*Passage*;0
AI.SetDiploItemBias = GBR;*CB*;0;*Military*;300;*DipSupport*;200
[color="#40E0D0"]// less diplomatic support as may be far in bed with Russia and RUS-GBR relation may vary A LOT[/color]
AI.SetDiploItemBias = ITA;*CB*;50
AI.SetDiploItemBias = GER;*War*;300;*DipSupport*;0
AI.SetDiploItemBias = BEL;*War*;*Military*;300;*DipSupport*;200

[color="#40E0D0"]//Italy reacts-aligns immediately (trade and colonies command) by getting closer to France and Britain, other powers not yet
//(conditional to other situations and alliance, little impacted, and germany did not lost all British hopes yet)[/color]

SelectFaction = $ITA
AI.SetDiploItemBias = FRA;*War*;80;*CB*;0;*DipSupport*;150
AI.SetDiploItemBias = GBR;*War*;40;*CB*;0;*DipSupport*;200

[color="#40E0D0"]//We'll notice British does not turn massively against Germany directly - very little change, but rather improves dramatically
//her relations with France, and marginally with Russia, as
//a) Russia is the most likely (LAND) counterweigh to germany (France is weak or Entente Cordiale did not happen at all)
//b) best way to recover freedom of action facing a foe is NOT having a row ELSEWHERE therefore patching things

//a consequence is a distanciation from Ottoman, as it's very difficult to concile being good friends with Russia
//and to support Ottoman - A headache Bismarck had experienced before - same is true, in a lesser extent, for Austria

//a spectacular and structuring shift, all in all rather directed, but extremely logic, and conditioned by situation
//I tried to infuse a bit subtlety in AI there - others will follow - historically, British cabinet analyzed and reacted that way

//basis is a change from 1890 diplomatic bias, as it's an endgame conditional variation - and [color="#FF0000"]we don't have changediploitem still [/color]so I used set, looking at former values

[/color]
EndEvent

[color="#40E0D0"]//OF COURSE I will be able and ready to transcribe those scripts into the convenient excel file...
//once I'll have been them officially validated, and got the needed and requested technical advice that is...[/color]
Attachments
Germany_GB_France.gif
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

Christophe.Barot

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:40 am

just to let potential modders know $diDefensiveTreaty, and not $diAllianceTreaty is the correct alias, and item followers that it has been corrected

btw if somebody can correct the sample in agewiki, and add the support item and trade treaty in examples, guess alliances, wars, white peaces, support and trade will be the most used ones

err... and full examples for proposing loser peace or winner peace (with syntax conditions) are absolutely needed - I couldn't find any in wikimedia or scripts - I don't know how to have peace proposed by AI to player with correct syntax, still awaiting validation
[color="#FF0000"]- (ordnance) Your Lordship, sorry to awake you, but The french are at our door !

- Alarm, alarm, how did you let this happen and not awake me ! repel them, counterattack at once !

- err, your Lordship, ahem... French are our allies, Marshal de St Arnaud is expected to attend to a conference with you !

- ahem, well, .... very well ..let them in !

(charge of the light brigade movie)
[/color]

HerrDan

Tue May 13, 2014 1:51 am

Did you test this event? I'm thinking about using it in my german game for the challenge, :)
but I'd like to know if it was tested, btw you might like to look at my German Empire AAR.

Return to “Help improve PON”