principes romanes
Sergeant

Far West Farmers' Almanac and Bowling Green - Clarksville Canal

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:51 pm

One minor and one not so minor bug

First, for the minor one. There appears to be a 'canal' between Bowling Green, KY and Clarksville, TN allowing ships to travel between the regions in one day. I tested whether the plotted move will actually happen, and it does. Not a big deal though because I trust players not to exploit this (although it is a tempting way to sneak around Ft. Donelson to Nashville...) .

6. Fleet is moving from Bowling Green to Clarksville in 2 days. The other line is a fleet I sent moving in the opposite direction, just to check that it works both ways, although I realise that seems to have made the image messier.

As for the second bug, Canby has been consulting his Almanac and he is dismayed to find a prediction of harsh weather in the far west for the next 5 years. In the regions of SE California, Western Arizona, Eastern Arizona, West Soccoro, West Sierra, and Luna the weather has never been clear for me since the last upgrade. Instead of clear weather, I get e.g. (Desert, Clear Weather, Harsh Weather). I will post a screenshot when the weather turns to this again (it is currently mud, and this bug doesn't seem to show up with the mud). I've had this bug across two different 1861 starts I've done and in the Sibley mini scenario.
Currently writing:
The Coming Fury - an excessively detailed AAR on Union strategy

principes romanes
Sergeant

Re: Far West Farmers' Almanac and Bowling Green - Clarksville Canal

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Upon further review, it appears that the harsh weather feature is indicating that clear weather in the desert is hot. Makes sense. I don't remember noticing that before the most recent upgrade.

Currently writing:

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:21 pm

I remember messing around with that canal oddity a long time ago. It's been a while, but I seem to remember that when watching the step-by-step focus move during turn processing that ships ordered to go from Bowling Green to Clarksville would take the long, normal, river route. But maybe not.. I thought I posted something about it, can't find it now though.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:12 am

I took a minute to check. You are totally right; the ships move overland in one day.

Having done a hefty amount of portaging in my life, I'd sure like to meet the lads/titans that can portage an ironclad. :blink:

principes romanes
Sergeant

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Having done a hefty amount of portaging in my life, I'd sure like to meet the lads/titans that can portage an ironclad. :blink:

And here I was admiring the voyageurs when I was struggling on portages!
Currently writing:

Return to “Help improve CW2”