Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Support Units Bug

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:43 am

Support units provide their bonuses to stacks before their construction is complete. This works immediately on the same turn their construction is issued.

I tested on Army HQ's, Engineers, Medical, and Signal companies. I did not check hot-air balloons.

A reminder: Industrial buildings still function before their construction is finished, just like the support units.

Captain_Orso

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:15 pm

I wasn't aware that abilities were active on incomplete units, but nice to know.

With regards to to structures other than depots, yes, that was known right from the start. I think it was simply the most expedient way to implement them. Most factories existed already and simply were contracted to build certain resources. So in many cases there is simply no point in having them delay production. The build times are then just flavor.

I suppose one might change this so that things like arsenals only start to produce when they have completed construction, while things like gun factories simply start to produce once they have a contract, but I imagine that would be pretty far down Pocus' list of Things-To-Do.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:17 am

Buildings being finished in one turn is fine by me.

It would be nice to have the messages about completed constructions and on-map graphics sync up with when they are actually functional. It is a bit confusing otherwise.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:46 am

So.. Apparently, you can redeploy under construction support units. No build time is lost when doing so.

DrPostman

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:28 am

Cardinal Ape wrote:So.. Apparently, you can redeploy under construction support units. No build time is lost when doing so.

Wow! Good to know!
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Captain_Orso

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:41 am

You should only be able to redeploy leaders. If it works with support units, I believe that is a bug.

BTW what support units?

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:33 am

Only leaders, really? It was an HQ Support units that I redeployed while under construction.

As far as I know you are able to redeploy: Supply wagons, balloons, signal companies, medical companies, HQ supports, engineers, and maybe pontoons, not 100% sure on those. You can also redeploy leaders with a divisional command if his division only contains one of the previous listed 'support' units (The best generals travel cross-country in stylish hot-air balloons.) I haven't tried it with more than one element though.

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better term than 'support' units. Maybe non-combat would have been better.

Captain_Orso

Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Ummmm... you cannot put a support unit, other than artillery, into a division :blink:

Wraith
Sergeant

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:11 pm

I have put Naval Engineers into a division (Norfolk, after the garrison was unlocked).

Straight Arrow
General

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:41 pm

After my last pbem game, where I lost 3 engineers in battle or retreat, I started folding each army's engineer into an artillery division.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Ummmm... you cannot put a support unit, other than artillery, into a division :blink:

[ATTACH]39175[/ATTACH]

I was wrong about being able to put supply wagons divisions. Pontoons can't either, but the rest of the non-combats units can be put into divisions.

That division in the pic is also able to use the redeploy special order.

I'm guessing by Orso's reaction that this should not be possible... :confused:
Attachments
divsupport.png

Captain_Orso

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:46 am

Sacrilege, good sirs! Heresy!! What kind of necromancy is this?!? Image

Okay, I know it shouldn't be possible, but these days very little is surprising me Image

Return to “Help improve CW2”