donagel
Sergeant

USADistantBlockades.sct question

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:48 am

Was looking at the USADistantBlockades.sct file and had a couple of questions.
  • At first blush, it looks like there are many towns missing from the list. For instance, If control of Ft. Monroe blockades Richmond, Norfolk and Hampton roads, would it also not blockade Suffolk and City Point?
  • It looks like blockades are Nation specific. If the USA controls Ft. ADams, then Newport is blockade if controlled by the CSA. However, you would think that the reverse would be true. Can this be fixed by just adding another event with roles reversed?

Or perhaps I am reading the intent of the file wrong.
Most importantly, if I were to modifiy this file, will the AI be able to use this information to make decisions?

Thanks
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H.L. Mencken-

PhilThib

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:43 am

donagel wrote:[*]At first blush, it looks like there are many towns missing from the list. For instance, If control of Ft. Monroe blockades Richmond, Norfolk and Hampton roads, would it also not blockade Suffolk and City Point?

It could, but as those ports did not affect BR and their supply importance is minor, they were left out.

donagel wrote:[*]It looks like blockades are Nation specific. If the USA controls Ft. ADams, then Newport is blockade if controlled by the CSA. However, you would think that the reverse would be true. Can this be fixed by just adding another event with roles reversed?

Yes, adding a reverse event could work, although I seriously doubt CSA could take Montroe without a serious effort or a really blunder of the USA. But you can try and do it for yourself indeed.

The AI will "know" a blockade exists (as if there was one by naval units), so in a way, yes, it will "use" it

Return to “Help improve CW2”