Pocus

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 am

nothing perceptible except it uses latest code base. Perhaps fixed units on map have an indicator though...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 pm

There is a new version fixing the too long names on units tabs. Also, the army outliner aligns the stars on the right, which is easier for clicking.

Additional things:
can use a dot when renaming a stack (alt-click on a tab to do so)
Region decision panels display faster

Please download & try here:
http://we.tl/YUsH8RObZ6

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Stonewall

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Any thoughts on when the 1.04 excel files could be posted since the patch is all but released.

Pocus

Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 am

Stonewall

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:15 am

pgr
General of the Army

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Is there any time for a little small, really nothing at all, change? The Washington defense force and Richmond Corps events will fire, even if the USA and CSA have lost the provinces the troops are scheduled to arrive in before the date the event fires. This creates odd situations of a fully dug in corps popping up in federal occupied Richmond.

Can one add a rule that it destination province ownership must be true before the forces in those two events spawn?

(And I hope I'm not too late on this one!)

Ace

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Any idea when it's going official?

tripax
AGEod Veteran

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 pm

One more, maybe: the 6lb artillery to 12lb artillery upgrade event in the various events file refers to USA and CSA artillery (from AACW) rather than CMN artillery.

fogg
Conscript

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:10 am

Please, where can I find the patch? The link above doesn't work (it says: download no more available).
Thank you.

oberst_klink
Lieutenant

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:23 am

fogg wrote:Please, where can I find the patch? The link above doesn't work (it says: download no more available).
Thank you.

Try this link: http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/CW2_104DB_2014July.zip

That done the trick,

Klink, Oberst

WAIT: This is just the DataBase update... the other links indeed don't work. RC6 link: http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_CW2_v1.04RC6.zip
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Don't forget to visit the Gefechtsstand!

charlesonmission

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Is that the near official patch or the previous RC6 edition? I think everyone is looking for the near official patch.

Charles

oberst_klink wrote:Try this link: http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/CW2_104DB_2014July.zip

That done the trick,

Klink, Oberst

WAIT: This is just the DataBase update... the other links indeed don't work. RC6 link: http://www.ageod-forum.com/downloads/latest/Patch_CW2_v1.04RC6.zip

Pocus

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:18 pm

It should be coming very soon (I guess in less than one week) as we will send the final files Monday. There have been a few extra fixes to the version you are currently testing.

I'll be off for 2 weeks during this time, PhilThib will return soon though.

Captain_Orso

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:18 pm

That's not the last RC (Release Candidate). The last one was only labeled v1.04 patch, but should have actually been named v1.04RC7.

I imagine Pocus has pulled it because of some issues or the file sharing link just timed out.

Edit: Speak of the devil :wacko: .. ;)

Stonewall

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:24 pm

tripax wrote:One more, maybe: the 6lb artillery to 12lb artillery upgrade event in the various events file refers to USA and CSA artillery (from AACW) rather than CMN artillery.

It affects all the artillery upgrades for both sides. See thread here.

Blutch
Major

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:08 pm

I use the steam version of the game now. Can I apply the RC6 ? My PBEM opponent uses the RC6 but on steam I am RC5 :(

Highlandcharge

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:12 pm

I dont know about the steam version, do you know where it installed to, is it in the steam folder or C:\Games\ folder ?

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:01 am

Since I don't have CW2 installed through Steam I can't say; but if you do, then you can search this through and post your results for all of us :) .

Blutch
Major

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 am

Captain_Orso wrote:Since I don't have CW2 installed through Steam I can't say; but if you do, then you can search this through and post your results for all of us :) .

I tryed but no download link available :(

Bruit Bleu

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:17 am

Blutch wrote:I use the steam version of the game now. Can I apply the RC6 ? My PBEM opponent uses the RC6 but on steam I am RC5 :(

You can apply the beta patch over a Steam installation. I've just done it a few days ago. Find where the game is installed (ie. C:\Program Files\SteamApps\common\Civil War II) and install the patch there. Steam doesn't seem to care, even if you are under its auto-updating option.
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Bruit Bleu

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:22 am

*snip*
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Blutch
Major

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks !!!

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:41 pm

I thought you were looking for to where the game installs locally (on your PC); sorry Image.

Now that everything has been cleared up ... Image

charlesonmission

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:11 pm

And rumors out there regarding the official patch?

elxaime
General

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:05 pm

charlesonmission wrote:And rumors out there regarding the official patch?

Hitler Hears ACW2 1.04 Final Still Isn't Out Yet

*Scene - inside the Fuhrer Bunker during the Final Days*

Jodl: Mein Fuhrer, we are here with an update on final release of ACW2 v1.04 - a matter you deem of highest priority. *pointing to map*

Hitler: Well what is it? It had better be good...

*Jodl and Krebs exchange worried glances*

Krebs: Mein Fuhrer...

Jodl: Mein Fuhrer, AGEOD is still working on a final release.

*Hitler, hands shaking, begins to take off his glasses*

Hitler: Every traitor who lost patience and went back to playing ACW1 leave the room!

*watches as all exit except Jodl, Burgdorf and Krebs*

Hitler *shouting* The swine! How dare they torment me this way?! He who has sacrificed everything for Germany!

Jodl: *confused* Mein Fuhrer...we are sure it won't be much longer. AGEOD says....

Hitler *screaming* AGEOD says! The skies are black with Allied bombers! Mussolini is on a meat hook! The Russians are at my door! Playing ACW2 is the only thing that keeps me sane! And they drag their feet releasing a critical patch? This is an insult, a calculated strike at the heart of The Reich! They must believe it will push me over the edge! Why else would they torture me? I will return Elsass-Lothringen today to get this patch out! Tell them that!

*sounds of sobbing from the corridors outside*

Krebs: *in a calming tone* Mein Fuhrer - it should only be a few more days. Surely time will pass and a freshly-patched ACW2 will be in your hands before you know it...

Hitler *screaming louder* No! That is ridiculous! A few more days? It has been weeks now! Don't tell me about playing ACW1 in the meantime! A Leader does not test his mettle on old games! You scoundrels of the General Staff play ACW1! That is what got us into this mess! I should have liquidated you all like Stalin did! There is only one solution! Call Steiner and tell him to call off his attack!

Krebs: But Mein Fuhrer! You have said the Steiner offensive would turn the tide...it begins in 24 hours!

Hitler *screaming even louder* It will! But to an objective even greater than Berlin! Order Steiner to attack the AGEOD Studios! He must break in tonight and seize the master of the final release! I am sure it is done and they have it locked up for spite! I must have it in my hands before the end! Even if it is just to play until the end of 1861! I have struggled for too long, starved in Vienna flop houses...I will spite De Gaulle by stealing this game from under his nose! AGEOD probably has a single pot-bellied security guard! Even if he is Jean Claude Van Damme he cannot stand against my commandos!

Krebs: But Mein Fuhrer, Jean Claude Van Damme is a Belgian...maybe you mean Jean Reno?

Hitler: *screaming loudest of all* Do not question me! This is a Fuhrer Befehl!!

*Hitler collapses spent back into his chair*

*Krebs and Burgdorf exchange worried glances*

Hitler *in an exhausted whisper* The final version of ACW2 1.04 - I cannot bear waiting any longer. The Steiner attack must succeed!

Ace

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:13 pm

But Mein Fuhrer, AGEOD has been busy working hard to bring us To End All Wars. There you can pretend to be more than mere Corporal and turn the tide of the Great War, long before this mess of WW2 we got ourselves into. :neener:

elxaime
General

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:14 am

Ace wrote:But Mein Fuhrer, AGEOD has been busy working hard to bring us To End All Wars. There you can pretend to be more than mere Corporal and turn the tide of the Great War, long before this mess of WW2 we got ourselves into. :neener:

Hitler: If Athena commands the Kaiserreich, the Tsar will be in Berlin before you can say Hinkel! It was Athena who told me to hold the flanks of the Sixth Army with only Romanians! Bring me Fegelein instead! He will play Athena while I watch! If I cannot destroy Fegelein I will drive him mad! What are you waiting for?! Fegelein! Fegelein! FEGELEIN!

Pocus

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:43 am

Link renewed :

http://we.tl/JwY0AVvGnC

We are doing our best to validate the patch through QA so that it can be published asap...

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:19 am

Now that To End All Wars has been released, any idea when this patch can be finalized?

Pocus

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Expected within the week, if all goes well.

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:21 pm

:thumbsup:

Return to “Help improve CW2”