Pocus

Public Beta Patch 1.04 RC6

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Dear players,

Here is the latest incarnation of patch 1.04. Probably the last also, it will be very soon official.

http://we.tl/JwY0AVvGnC

Civil War II Updates (1.04)

Patch 1.04 – Release Candidate 6.
Release Date: very very soon J
How to update your game:

This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.
This patch is save-compatible.

LIST OF CHANGES

Gameplay
Hidden activation feature implementation slightly improved.
RC3
Can’t build stockades when there is a fort.
RC5
Improved battleplans and their tooltips (courtesy of Ace). Fixed a bug in the interface.
Naval resupply from special sea zones can be reduced by enemy ships.
Troops under river move are much much easier to hit now.
Land Mines can target forts even without a city in region.
You anymore can’t use units under construction to build a depot.

RC6
Land Stacks residing in an harbor only will be expelled (can happens if fort is destroyed)

Interface
Filters in the unit construction panel are preserved when closing it.
Some tooltips have been fixed.
Titles of historical options can now display in two lines.
Added descriptions to units in the Detail Window (thanks to LeRicain for that)
RC2
Units under construction appear fixed in the appropriate warmap filter or with the ctrl-F1 filter.
RC3
Combat power for friendly units is no more aggregated in a single value.
Regional decisions: Extended tooltip when hovering the force pool indicator now gives precisely the types of units needed.
Shift key can now be used both for lands and waters regions, allows seeing the links between regions.
RC5
Battle plans display issue fixed
1680+ pixels wide screen have a dynamic positioning of the stack title in stack panel
Special orders remain deployed when selecting a new stack, for 1680+ pixels wide screen
Recruitable units are sorted by ascending money cost. Filters and buttons maintained when panel closed.
Fixed : Leaders won’t hide enemy troops in region tooltip.
Regions list in ledger now keep filters and sorting when closed. Depot level column is now supply total column. Fix on the productions structures column.
Ctrl-select and combining/Splitting divisions with hotkeys will update the Inspector Panel dynamically.
Weak counters on map (strength under 100) have less emphasis. Strong counters have more.

RC6
Some bug fixes in the novels additions to the battle report.
Adjacent travel rays display (shift key) improved.

UI dynamic positioning as in RC5 now triggers at 1600 pixels mark.
Tooltip don't appear when hosting.

Historical setting and events
Historical options bringing money now bring more than before (compared to 1.03).
Some early events were firing in the 1863+ campaign (expansion pack only).
All KY regions properly unlocked (expansion pack only).
RC2
Fix in a loophole that would severely limit corps and armies in an ongoing game.
Union recovers morale slightly slower if under 100.
Money options for USA: gain 800. For CSA: gain 600. Fixed tooltips.
RC3
Some brigs could not be built as expected. Only needed for the April Campaign, but needs a restart.

Database
Ships cost 10% less war supplies than before (in 1.03).
Some leaders were provided twice.
RC2
Fixed an issue with the ‘Flotilla Brigade’
Cities produce 20% less supply.
Rail pool transports significantly more supply.
RC3
Sea mines and sub decision can only played if adjacent to a friendly harbor
Merrimack and Monitor added back to initial July setup.

AI
Support gift reviewed further.
Bug fixing in scripted interest for naval regions.
RC3
Fixed a rare bug in AI algorithm ‘give supports’.
RC4
Generic AI significantly improved on most algorithms, thanks to a chirurgical yet powerful modification (expect a +10-15% improved Athena nastiness!)
RC5
Dislikes much more to be trapped in cities
AI assaults more frequently besieged structures
Admirals are more often send to secondary’s fleets
AI faster in sending ships in naval special boxes. (to combine with extra ships attributes)
Several decisions are now using better AI (Spies, Mescaleros, Submarine, Deep Recon, Sailors)
AI better at shuffling around supply wagons and services units.

Modding / Script engine
A log appears in the splash screen while you parse a script. Useful to see where you are in the parsing process. Plus, it looks cool! The periodicity of this log is controlled by sysScriptMemoPeriodicity in system.opt.
Regional decisions: Condition on number and type of units can now have a range greater than 1 (max is now capped to 6, but this is very CPU intensive, use with caution).
Added an extra field for decisions: NeedThisStrucAttribAdjSelf. Used in CW2 to tweak mines and sub decision.
Added 4 scripting commands (re)Store faction/region. See wiki for details.
Added parameters Group and NoSelectorUpd to SelectSubUnits command. See wiki for details.
Map aleas now support scripted events.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

elxaime
General

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Will final version also fix the ghost units/fort issue?

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35812-Ghost-Units-in-Fort-Clark

atlan66
Conscript

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:40 am

May I ask, if there will be a german translation in the final patch 1.04 ?
Maybe a little, not complete one,... that would realy improve your game for me.

Captain_Orso

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:13 pm

elxaime wrote:Will final version also fix the ghost units/fort issue?

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?35812-Ghost-Units-in-Fort-Clark

Yes, have a look at your thread: Ghost Units in Fort Clark?

Highlandcharge

Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks for the patch ageod and thanks to Ace for his work on the battle planner :)

ArmChairGeneral
AGEod Grognard

Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks for the new patch, I know you guys have a lot on your plate right now!

I wanted to thank you in particular for the interface changes to the unit construction panel and the ledger (persistent filters, logical ordering of available units, etc.) These small interface changes make a big difference in the play experience. AGEOD has always listened to user feedback and been willing to take the time to make fixes and adjustments that the community asks for, and your efforts are very much appreciated.

Kudos!

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks for the new beta. One comment..the emphasis on weak vs. strong counters on map is welcomed. However, my old eyes have a problem seeing the white (strong) numbers on the light grey Confederate background.

Pocus

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:07 am

This can be modded to the color of your choice easily then. Do you know how to edit files?

You have to open \CW2\GameData\Factions\CSA.fac
this is a text file, open it with Notepad++ if you have it or Notepad if not.

Then add this entry
Countercolor = 255|0|0|255

this will make the color red, that's just an example. The format is Red Green Blue Opacity

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Thank you sir..the red is definitely better for me. I'd like to try the green and blue but am not sure what numbers to edit/use in the text file?

elxaime
General

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Realizing this is late in the process, I am wondering if the new patch will make it easier to see what region is/is not blockaded? The icons are hard to see many times. I wonder if a key function could be added, e.g. press shift+G and all blockaded regions will blink? That way you can instantly know the impact of taking a coastal fort or brown water blockading an estuary.

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Here you go, oldspec4: http://www.colorpicker.com/

Find a color that you like, and you can then just punch the numbers that colorpicker gives you into the CSA.fac file.
:)

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:04 pm

ohms_law wrote:Here you go, oldspec4: http://www.colorpicker.com/

Find a color that you like, and you can then just punch the numbers that colorpicker gives you into the CSA.fac file.
:)

Exactly what I'm looking for..Thank you.

Pocus

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:05 pm

RC6 is out, check first thread.

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Wow, that was quick. Awesome!
Thanks Pocus!

Pocus

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 am

Hi,

If you have downloaded the patch before seeing this message, then please get it again, as it was still using the previous RC5 executable and not the new RC6.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks for the continued updates. One question..under combat power, what do the two numbers relate to, i.e., ?/?. IIRC, a red number is less and green number is more power than the AI.

Pocus

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Land/Naval

the column header gives this infos in tooltip IIRC.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks Pocus. Duh..yep the tooltip is there. I wasn't scrolling far enough left under the column header.

Z74
Lieutenant

Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks for the patch!!!

Mitchell
Conscript

Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks for the patch!
I have a dull question :confused: After installation of the patch where is a new folder ("Civil War II") in the main one. Should I transfer files from this folder to the corresponding ones in the main folder?

Ace

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:39 pm

You have installed to Civil War II/Civil War II folder instead to Civil War II folder. I would advise you to repeat the installation.

Mitchell
Conscript

Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:09 am

Ace Thanks, that`s it! I am not very experienced, this game is almost one which I play :confused:
But I have another questions. Can I turn-off in this version the display of summary strench of all units in the regions on the card of every one of them?
And colored mini-map... It was very usefull and servicable option in the first AACW, as for me. Why it`s gone in later AGEOD games? :(

Ace

Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 am

You units have single strength on their counter, while enemy unit have group strength. You only see top enemy unit anyway.

What do you mean by colored mini-map?

elxaime
General

Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Another question. Will the Indian card play bug also be fixed in the coming official patch?

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36064-Rebs-quot-Indian-Cooperation-quot-Card-working

Thanks.

EDIT - I saw that Pocus replied to the thread, so I take that as a yes. Thanks for the quick response!

Hopefully the game manual will also be updated to reflect what the RGD cards do - right now there are many with missing descriptions.

bjmorgan
Corporal

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:08 pm

I see nothing about a fix for the crashing problem that has plagued this software since it was rolled out. Visit the Matrix forum about this if you have no clue. There are a lot of us who bought this through Matrix and it seems our complaints are just ignored.

Pocus

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:38 am

Vpaulus at Matrix is often checking this tech forum, so I'm surprised here. If there is a pending issue you feel is not properly addressed, then please send the infos to support@slitherine.co.uk

elxaime
General

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 pm

So are we close to final? Inquiring minds want to know! :sherlock:

Pocus

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:40 am

Yes, very close! The patch has been sent to the Production Team @ Matrix/Slitherine.

Pocus

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Here is the patch that will make it, if some of you want to test it further :

http://we.tl/81u1iECNYE

Stonewall

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Pocus wrote:Here is the patch that will make it, if some of you want to test it further :

http://we.tl/81u1iECNYE

Is there any difference between this and RC6?

Return to “Help improve CW2”