minipol
General

What if scenarios

Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Some of the appeal of the civil war is due to the fact that people talk about what if this or that would have happened.
I would love to play scenario's where there are a couple of " what if's ".
There are lot's of what if's, so I only listed a few:

What if general x (or generals) joined the csa instead of the union, what if Kentucky joined the csa at the beginning of the war,
what if France or Britain or both intervened immediately, what if the CSA enlisted the slaves from the start, what if
France/Britain delivered guns, artillery and money to the CSA (in the past this has happened a lot in different conflicts) and so on.

I talked in another thread about creating generals. That too could have merit and it doesn't have to be difficult to implement.
It's creating a general with (semi) random stats , not to powerful, that can emerge after a great battle of a stack not led
by a general at that time or a battle where a general has been killed.
The new general doesn't need to be a historical colonel that is promoted because that would mean keeping track of all the colonels.
In a what if scenario, it doesn't matter if it's a historical fact, so it can be newly created random general.
I don't know how the general db works so I can't really know if this is doable, that might be the hardest thing.

That's the appeal of what if's, it doesn't always have to be historically correct but adds a lot of fun gameplay.

Return to “Help improve CW2”