Templer
General

Show Str/Off/Def on Battle Reports

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:49 am

Show Str/Off/Def values on battle reports.

Here you won't find the values of Beauregard:
Attachments
CWII no values.jpg
Greetings
Templer

Ace

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 am

Are you talking about screenshot from Shiloh AAR. In this case Beauregard didn't actually take part in battle because he was inside Corinth, and although senior commander, battle was for the csa commended by Wharton. That is why you are not seeing his stats.
This is actually improvement over acw1. In acw1, a battle report would show all forces in a region. Now it shows only forces that did actual fighting.

Templer
General

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:15 am

Ace wrote:... In this case Beauregard didn't actually take part in battle because he was inside Corinth, and although senior commander, battle was for the csa commended by Wharton. That is why you are not seeing his stats.
This is actually improvement over acw1. In acw1, a battle report would show all forces in a region. Now it shows only forces that did actual fighting.

Makes sense. You just have to know.
Greetings

Templer

ANTONYO
Major

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:57 am

According to the screenshot, in round 2, the CSA made 1 hit of damages, whereas if you have one by one the damage received by each of the divisions USA there are 5 damage. What figure is incorrect, the 1 of general damages or 5 which are counted individually?

Ace

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:05 pm

Good catch. If we look at total US lost about 150 men, 5 hits is the more likely number. Each hit represents about 30 men.

ANTONYO
Major

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Thank you.

It is the same with cohesion, do not match the amounts of losses.

Be solved with a patch?

Ace

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Don't know.

Pocus

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:27 pm

the report only reports losses and cohesion from fire or assault. You can see that in particular for cohesion loss coming from exhaustion from being on the battlefield. As for extra hits, retreats losses are not factored either. I agree that's misleading though, but we prefer to focus on others things for the time being.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ANTONYO
Major

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I love the game, is my favorite and I'm playing them for more than 5 years, but I think that it is in the explanation of the results of the battle where it should put more efforts to improve.

Pocus wrote: As for extra hits, retreats losses are not factored either. I agree that's misleading though, but we prefer to focus on others things for the time being.

I do not understand that this battle may be lost hit by retreats on the USA side, since that has been withdraw is CSA. The difference of loss hits enters both reports, must be due to other circumstances.

I think that trying to explain way more accurate as possible what is happening in the battles should be a priority for the game, since many of the most novice players is what they least like game.

Ace

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:16 pm

This can be accurately be said only by designers. I can help with my knowledge of the game a bit as well, but it is not the complete information. I think, when a unit enters the assault stage, some of its men, if their discipline is low, can desert regardless of the hits inflicted on them by the enemy. So you could think on the disparity as difference between KIA (killed in action) and MIA (missing in action) numbers. I am not sure about this, so I apologize if I am giving the wrong information.

For cohesion losses, I am actually sure it is not lost only by receiving fire. It is also lost by any combat action a unit takes (firing, assaulting, charging, retreating, etc.)

Return to “Help improve CW2”