ajarnlance
General of the Army

Moving elements from one division to another...

Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:03 pm

I would like a screen where I could move elements between different divisions (containers). You have the beginnings of this ability when you hover over a commander's stars and you can see the units under his command. If you could freeze that and then bring up the same box of a different commander then you could drag and drop and thereby reassign units. They would have to be in the same region of course!!

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:09 pm

ajarnlance wrote:I would like a screen where I could move elements between different divisions (containers). You have the beginnings of this ability when you hover over a commander's stars and you can see the units under his command. If you could freeze that and then bring up the same box of a different commander then you could drag and drop and thereby reassign units. They would have to be in the same region of course!!

If you means units, instead or elements, I mostly agree with you.

However, since these units frequently have different numbers of elements in them, it may be more practicable to be able to bring up (click on) a division and click on a unit (in what is now the display that comes up when you mouse over the upper right hand corner) to dismiss it back to the stack the division is in. Adding "loose" units to a division is already easy to do.

(That would require the mouse over display to become persistent, instead of the way it is now.)

Captain_Orso

Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:39 am

We already have such a panel, well, almost. It's the Stack Panel:

1. <Cntl><Left-Click> on both divisions to mark them. While clicking the second division hold the <Left-Mouse-Button> clicked.
  2. Now drag your mouse pointer to either side a little and let the <LMB> out.
    [INDENT]You have now created a stack with only the 2 divisions which you would like to rearrange.[/INDENT]
  3. <Left-Click> on the first division and press <Cnlt><d> to de-combine it (the leader retains divisional command, unless you leave him without any sub-units until the next turn, in which case he will automatically lose his divisional command).
    [INDENT]Do the same with the second division.[/INDENT]

Now you can assign the units to their divisions any way you wish, within the rules of the game.

If you've discovered that you are not satisfied with the way your new divisions look, just break them down and rearrange them again until you are satisfied.

When you are through drag the divisions back into their original stack(s) and off you go.

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks for taking the time to explain how to do this. That's awesome. Could this be put in the manual?

Return to “Help improve CW2”