sunseekers
Private

Game/screen keeps on seizing up after 3 or 4 turns...

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:32 pm

The only ever clue I get is ''Error Code 678' and then it says something quickly in French.

I tried looking at the logs to see if there was a clue, I can make out the 'Error Code 678' but the rest is just endless unintelligble syntax and letters/numbers.

This happens every time, every side and every scenario. I have tried deleting and re-storing the game but it makes no difference. Anyone got any ideas? I load and play this game through Steam, it seems that a few other steam players have encoutered similar problems ove rthe years.

BTW the game used to play fine, but it is only in recent months (2022 onwards) that this problem has arisen. Is it soething th do with a microsoft s/w upgrade? I play ACW II on a very old Windows 7 machine as I have never bene able to get it to run on my new Windows 10 PC

deguerra
Major

Re: Game/screen keeps on seizing up after 3 or 4 turns...

Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:40 am

That's unfortunate :(

I don't have any experience with this particular eror, but it has helped me in the past to launch the game via its CW2.exe from its folder (wherever your Steam games are located) and to launch it as administrator (left click on the .exe and choose "Run as Administrator").

Hope that helps!

-deguerra

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”