Slickandjake
Civilian

First PBEM game question

Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:51 pm

I am playing a PBEM game for the first time, as is my opponent and I am hosting. My opponent noticed his CSA orders weren’t being executed, he had a unit railroad to Alabama (on second turn of game). When I looked there were two CSA org files for each turn. I assume the AI was making an org file as well. In options, AI, I had AI active. So I turned this off and started a fresh game. Does this button affect PBEM games?

Turbo823
Captain

Re: First PBEM game question

Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:39 pm

So you clicked the AI button on and tried to play multiplayer? LOL.

Durk

Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:09 pm

AI settings do not matter (much) for pbem games and can be ignored or left as is. AI would never make an ord if it sees and existing Ord.

There are a couple of ways you might be getting double CSA ords, but the solution is simple. Before you put your opponent's ord into your folder, check your folder to make sure it is empty.
Then run the game. If you find you still have two CSA ords after the turn is run add on to this thread.

Slickandjake
Civilian

Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:42 am

The file was empty when I put the opponent’s ord file into the folder. When I unchecked AI there no longer was a second ord file being created. However, none of my opponent’s moves are being made when I run the game. My opponent has decided to start the host of the game to see if he gets it to work. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Bohémond

Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:28 pm

You can have a look at this thread, http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=52266

Some special character in save name can be the reason why

Regards

Durk

Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:53 pm

Another thought, if the file is empty, then you may be putting his ord in a different folder than your game is using. If by empty you mean no files are present.

Slickandjake
Civilian

Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:52 am

Bohémond wrote:You can have a look at this thread, http://www.ageod-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=52266

Some special character in save name can be the reason why

Regards

That was it. His ord file had _ instead of ~. I changed the file name manually and ran a turn with the change and his moves were then made. Thanks for the help.

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”