KyleB
Civilian

Can't Change Screen Resolutions

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:13 am

I change the resolution setting in the agesettings file, click on change, run the game again and nothing has changed. I go back to the agesettings file and it has changed back to "use desktop resolution." How can I get it to change resolutions?

The issue I am trying to fix is everything is giant on the display. On the initial screen upon loading the game, all I see is the sky. The bottom third of the battle scene isn't displayed. In the game, all the menu's and text are giant. For example, the battle results menu extends off the top and bottom of the screen. I read in another forum that the 768 height wasn't displaying correctly, but as I said above, it won't let me change the resolution.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nikel

Re: Can't Change Screen Resolutions

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Try editing manually the file Display.opt in "\Civil War II\CW2\Settings" folder

The file can be opened, changed and saved with Wordpad

Code: Select all

ScreenWidth      =
ScreenHeight     =

KyleB
Civilian

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:55 am

Thanks....I tried that, but it didn't work. Whatever resolution I choose shows up in that file, but the actual display never changes. Could it have something to do with using my TV as a monitor? I've never had a problem with any other program displaying correctly.

Nikel

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Hmm, could be.

Pocus usual answer to this kind of topic is to contact the Helpdesk, have you tried it?

support@slitherine.co.uk

KyleB
Civilian

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 am

I will try the help desk....Thanks!

Nikel

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:51 pm

OK, keep us posted ;)

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”