phoenix
Captain

units besieging Harpers Ferry from within...

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 pm

Anyone know what is going on here? I have moved a kind of coup de main Union force to Harper's Ferry, very early on (May 61) and it's not shown on the map. To see it I have to use the ledger. If I click on Harper's Ferry it doesn't appear. I can only see that it's actually IN Harper's Ferry by clicking on the unit in the ledger - then it appears. But it's shown as IN Harper's Ferry, yet Harper's Ferry is in CSA control and 'under siege'???????

Thanks

1.gif
1.gif (152.02 KiB) Viewed 5157 times

Gray Fox
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: units besieging Harpers Ferry from within...

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:30 am

I've had the exact same thing happen when I run Schurz' cav down to take HF. This must be a common bug.
I'm the 51st shade of gray. Eat, pray, Charge!

DrPostman

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 am

It's a strange glitch that needs to be addressed in a future patch or version. Not a terrible
glitch since you still take the city if you send something else there.

Captain_Orso

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 am

I seem to remember something about this... IIRC it happened when a leader moved into Harpers Ferry alone and entered the city, and the leader was targeted by a friendly, moving stack. Once the leader has entered the city, but before the targeting stack has caught up to and merged with it, an enemy stack enters the region and captures it, which kind of locks the leader inside the city--hey, I wouldn't be marching down Main Street in that case either :siffle:

Because all stack in the region are then in DP and everybody has => 5% MC no battle ensues when the stack targeting the leader enters the region and merges with the leader stack, which is now inside the city.

As has been noted, you can still select the leader's stack though the <F1> unit list and can be issued order normally.

It seems Harpers Ferry is the only place I've seen this happen, which may have to do with the configuration of MC and loyalty and the simple fact the everybody is racing to take control of it at the same time :dada:

phoenix
Captain

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 am

Thanks all. I shall experiment with reinforcing the stack in there - see what happens.

The unit in there has now been upgraded to an 'army' but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. The CSA is in the region with the unit, maybe even IN the structure with them - not sure. But, as noted, no battles have thus far happened.

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”