Temgesic
Lieutenant

CW2 suddenly stopped working?!

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Since a couple of days ago i can´t start CW2, neither the Steam version or Retail version will start.
The only thing that happens is that i get this screen. And i who has a good PBEM going on and everything and now i can´t even play the game.
If i remember correctly this error popped up after i used the "Large Address Aware" program on the Steam version.
But now neither version will work. I have tried reinstall the game several times but the problem persists...

Anyone having any ideas, really in need of help here :feu:
Attachments
Error CW2.jpg
Error CW2.jpg (327.94 KiB) Viewed 5703 times

Nikel

Re: CW2 suddenly stopped working?!

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm

No idea of steam.

With two versions, you mean you bought from Ageod/Matrix and then got a steam key?

From where are you trying to start the retail game? Go directly to the installation folder and run CW2.exe

Post the log file.

Temgesic
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Nikel wrote:No idea of steam.

With two versions, you mean you bought from Ageod/Matrix and then got a steam key?

From where are you trying to start the retail game? Go directly to the installation folder and run CW2.exe

Post the log file.

I mean that i have both the Retail version from which you can download through Ageod/Matrix website,
and i have the Steam version of the game to. Meaning that i can have two installations of the game if i want.

I have tried starting it through Steam to no avail. And starting it through the CW2.exe itself but the same thing happens.
Currently i have only the Steam version of the game installed.
The log folder is empty :/

Nikel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:19 pm

This what I would do.

Install the retail version in a different folder to where it was, avoiding "program files" folder.

Try running the retail game, normally, if still not working, as administrator.

I guess there should be a log now.

Temgesic
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Nikel wrote:This what I would do.

Install the retail version in a different folder to where it was, avoiding "program files" folder.

Try running the retail game, normally, if still not working, as administrator.

I guess there should be a log now.

Hmm, i installed the retail version of the game in my folder where i have my other games installed.
And now suddenly it starts, i haven´t installed the latest patch yet though, will try that now and see if the game will run again. :hat:

Nikel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Good to know :hat:

Temgesic
Lieutenant

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 am

Nikel wrote:Good to know :hat:

It´s up and running again, with all the mods i had installed and the PBEM war is going on with full force :dada: :hat:
Don´t know what happened really, maybe the war department needed a break :siffle:

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”