BentonGrey
Private

Training Not Working

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:33 am

Howdy, I'm not 100% sure that this is a bug, as I'm new to the game and it is possible I'm just missing something. Please bear with me if that is the case.

My issue is that training doesn't seem to work. I've played a few different games now, and placing either a general with the Training Master or a HQ with a stack doesn't seem to be adding experience. From reading the game explanation, the manual, and the forums, it seems like they should add one star of experience each turn, correct? I've been checking for several turns now, and experience hasn't climbed for any units in the stacks. Anyone know what's going on?

Captain_Orso

Re: Training Not Working

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:26 pm

NO!! Oh god, you almost game me a heart attack. XP not EL :cuit: *

Every element in a stack with a Training Master gains 1 XP (eXperience Point) per turn, but only in turns in which the stack remains stationary.

Select a stack on the map, then click on one of the units in the Stack Display Panel at the bottom, so that the Unit Detail Panel opens on the lower-right. There you will see >=1 NATO symbols representing all the elements in the selected unit. If you click on one of these NATO symbols the element detail window will open above the Unit Detail Panel. Here in the lower-left corner you will see a row of stars, most of them probably grayed out. Hold you mouse-pointer over these to get a tool-tip telling you the current XP of the selected elemente and how many XP remain until gaining the next EL (Experience Level) or star.

* ;)

BentonGrey
Private

Re: Training Not Working

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Ahh! I thought that the stars WERE the experience points. I see, there's multiple levels of information. That makes more sense. Thanks Captain!

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”