Jonathan Palfrey
Sergeant

Game appears on wrong monitor

Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Today I bought Civil War II and installed version 1.00, then installed the 1.06 patch.

I have a laptop running Windows 7 Professional with an external larger monitor. The system is set up with the external monitor as the main monitor, so the Windows taskbar appears on the external monitor.

When I started version 1.00 of the game, it came up on the external monitor, which is what I want. However, when I start version 1.06, it comes up on the smaller built-in laptop screen, which is not what I want. How can I induce the game to play on the external monitor (as version 1.00 was doing)?

Later: I've tried setting the laptop screen as the main monitor, but that doesn't make any difference: the game insists on coming up on the laptop screen, whichever is set as main. This is particularly perverse, because the laptop screen uses the integrated graphics adaptor, whereas the external monitor is connected to a decent NVIDIA graphics card.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:15 am

I'm guessing the devs are fairly busy with WoN, so I will throw out a guess.

Have you tried changing the display settings with agesettings.exe located in your base Civil War II folder?

Jonathan Palfrey
Sergeant

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:08 am

Cardinal Ape wrote:Have you tried changing the display settings with agesettings.exe located in your base Civil War II folder?

I confess I hadn't. It's an obvious thing to try, but the settings window warns that the settings are "not officially supported", and I didn't expect much good to come of them.

I've tried it now. The default window mode (fixed resolution, borderless) causes my problem. The other two window modes both seem to resolve it: the game comes up on the external monitor. So I suppose I'll proceed with the maximized window mode, as I don't need the border. I don't know whether it will have any undesirable side-effects, but so far it seems to do the trick. Thanks for your advice!

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”