Cromagnonman
Brigadier General

Mad Bugs

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Can anyone tell why I got a million bugs this turn? After multiple other errors it seemed to get bogged down on Day 15, with repeated firings in the shipping lanes. April '61 campaign now March '63 as Union, Machine running Windows 7 with an Intel i7 and tons of RAM

[ATTACH]36272[/ATTACH]
Attachments
CW2madbugs.7z
(267.48 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
"firstest with the mostest"

"I fights mit Sigel"

Pocus

Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:29 am

Can someone checks if the problem is reproduced in his own PC, with your save? As you know, WON is taking priority these days so I can't check asap a crash in CW2, sorry.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 am

I tried to test this out. However, now that I have come back to this post I realize that the save game posted is in April of '61 and not March of '63 as referenced in the OP.

Did you post the correct save game Cromagnonman?

Anyhow, I was unable to reproduce a crash or any error. I ran it twice, both times into July without a problem.

I am also using win7.

Pocus

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks for your time Cardinal Ape, this is really appreciated, each mn shaved is for WON then :)

As for crashes, if they are not reproduced, it might be a problem related to the AGE engine using a not so new version of DirectX and the video card not fully compatible with Dx9. In any case, I suggest you head to the helpdesk they are good on these issues: support@slitherine.co.uk

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Cromagnonman
Brigadier General

Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks guys for looking into it, I understand there's other stuff going on. I'll try to figure out why it's opening in '61 instead of '63
"firstest with the mostest"

"I fights mit Sigel"

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”