Prussia
Lieutenant

Civil War II re-install error

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:04 am

Hi all:

Installed originally from Matrix download purchase- updated from 1.0 to 1.03 then 1.04, and playing with much gusto and fun and zero issues. Decided to update to 1.05 beta- and since 1.00 didn't install correctly outside of Games/CW2, and was all over the place in my Matrix folder, I had the bright idea to uninstall and start clean from scratch.

Of course now it won't reinstall, even under Admin priviledges; gives the error: "Another program is currently using this file". This is coming from my C:\Users\xxx\Appdata\Local\Temp\_ir_sf_temp_0 directory. Substitute the "...temp_0" with number of choice corresponding to the number of times I attempt to install. The files are irsetup.exe or irsetup.exe and a lau or lua dll file.

On Win 8.1 with a 7970 with 3 gig running 2560x1440 screen setting and 16 gig memory. C drive is an SSD, plus 2 other drives with 3 terrabytes free.

Cleaned out registry via regedit, then verified with an automated tool. Also removed all the various folders left behind. Though my Steam install of CW2 is still extant- nothing of steam is currently resident in memory so that shouldn't be an issue.

Haven't seen an install error like this since the early days of Rome TW (1).

Thanks in advance for looking and/or assisting.

Kind regards

Durk

Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:48 am

I have experienced this.
Clean and clean some more. Restartt and reinstall.

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”