The Red Baron

Renaming Units

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Is it possible to disable changes to the map overlay when renaming units, so using numbers in a unit's name doesn't change the map background? I have the same request for disabling the Console when renaming units (so I may use apostrophes).

In addition, is it possible for the engine to support longer unit names when renaming units? I find the current field length can occasionally be too short (I like to be descriptive :) . When building units they sometimes have long unit names, but to rename the unit using the same designation doesn't seem possible; something always gets truncated. If units can spawn with lengthy names, why not be able to rename them to the same length?

Last thing: can the Rename Unit dialog box support accepting input from the Enter key to finish the unit re-designation and close the dialog box (instead of using the mouse to click the check box)?

Lord Telering
Conscript

There is a way

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:05 am

Well, I know that this post is older than Methusalem, but if you haven't already found it out, there is a solution:
Go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Civil War II/Saves and then to the savegame where you want to rename a unit. Open both savegame files, search for the unit(s) you want to rename with CTRL+F, and then just type in your preferred new name instead of the old one. If needed I can make a small video and upload it to Youtube.
[This is how it's done in Thirty Years' War, maybe the process is a little bit different in Civil War II]
Hope I could help!

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”