Zjevakin
Conscript

It started like this...

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi, everyone!

I've encountered some sort of crash. I was playing '61 april campaign as CSA and was coming to the end of december (turn 17, I think), when a messege pops up. Something was wrong with Delzip179.dll. I clicked it and it returned a few times as I did clicked them again, then another messege pops up: this application has been terminated, or something in that way, please check your Main log in this and that folder. CW2 crashes to desktop.
As I went to the said folder (Logs) it was empty. The Saves and the Scripts folders too. I found discarded save files in the trashcan, but what's what is above my knowledge. It didn't help restoring them anyway.
And this continues with new games I've been playing. Everytime I click Load on the main screen the messege This application has been... et cetera, comes up. Quite bothersome. I have reinstalled CW2 twice, but this continues to happen.
Is this something anyone has experienced before? I could use some input of how I can fix this and every bit of information would be welcome.
Thanks

All right, new developments (in a good way). My problems have been solved, for now at least. I simply downloaded the latest drivers to my graphic card and since then I have not had any problems. Well, I'm going to play some more before I can be absolutly certain, but I feel optimistic.
Thanks, anyway. Sorry to have troubled you.

Generalisimo

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm

OK, keep us posted, it is really weird that you found all the logs files empty.
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Pocus

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:36 pm

You can also disable 'Turn compression' in the first panel of the Options window.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Zjevakin
Conscript

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 pm

So that is what's going on? I had no idea things like that could disturbe the game. I will turn it off (if it is on). I've had no more problems anyhow, but it could be nice to know that you're not sitting on a ticking bomb ;)

Pocus

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:50 am

To be clear, it works for the vast majority of players. This seems to be related to the OS used (Seven or Win8)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “CW2 Technical support / Aide technique”