14th_Apostle
Civilian

Creating and modifying Regional Decisions

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:43 am

Right now I am making some quality of life changes to the regional decisions for single player and I am stuck on how to:

1) create new Regional decisions (all my attempts so far create an error decision)

2) make it so there are multiple city restrictions for MustBeThisRgnUID =
All my attempts so far to make more than one city selectable makes all territories selected.

3) also what file do I edit to change the description text in game, I cannot seem to find a language localization folder or files.

Thank you for your help and input.

grimjaw
General

Re: Creating and modifying Regional Decisions

Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:14 am

I can only answer the 3rd question off the top of my head. String descriptions for many things are kept in one big csv file in cw2/settings/localstrings_cw2.csv. the format for that file is,one line, name of associatedevent, then string description in English, french, spanish, german, something else, Italian. There may be positions for additional languages but I don't know the order. I suspect this file format may change depending on the region where the game is marketed and sold. I think Nikei speaks Russian or a language with a cyrillic alphabet and would know more about that than me. The other questions I can answer but I don't have much time for research lately.

14th_Apostle
Civilian

Re: Creating and modifying Regional Decisions

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:07 pm

Thank you for your help.

Instead of a new card I repurposed unused cards in the game. (like railroads, slaves, expand town etc.)

For town restrictions I wanted to simulate important smuggling centers like Charleston but it has a different type of harbor so using a building restriction of harbor made it unusable. Instead I did adjacent to harbor (of its forts)and added city size restriction and now smuggling cites are pretty accurate.

Return to “CW2 Mods”