caranorn

all leaders promote to 3***

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:17 pm

I just started working on the database so that all generals become promotable to 3***.

Here a screenshot of my process. To have a better overview I minimalised all cells that are irrelevant to leader modding. I also changed some colours and other formatting. All those formatting changes will not be saved in the csv file anyhow.

For every leader that is newly promotable I will have to create a 3*** and possibly 2** star entry at the end of the database. Right now I'm doing this in a separate sheet so I have an easier time spotting any errors.
Attachments
screenshotmodding models.png
screenshotmodding models.png (243.49 KiB) Viewed 3247 times

caranorn

Re: all leaders promote to 3***

Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:05 pm

I now have a working models file. Only missing a rework for political, NM and seniority ratings. After that I will look into the units file.

This is only modifying promotions and related material, no abilities or stats.
Attachments
screenshotmodding models 3.png
screenshotmodding models 3.png (225.68 KiB) Viewed 3145 times

caranorn

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:14 pm

Slowly advancing. Identified ranking dates for all US generals already in the game. I will use those dates for their seniority ratings. Some leaders I could not identify or in one case two with similar names who would meet my criteria. I'm using Eicher (Civil War High Commanders) for this job, I have a hard copy but also found an online copy via my library, the advantage of the later is that it's much faster than browsing through such a big book.

Next will be Confederate leaders. I will not deal with British, French, Mexican Indian or whatever other leaders.

After that I will have to look at NM and VP values for each general at their various grades.

I might look into adding additional leaders as well if they meet the minimal criteria, that is division command, unless very brief.

I will probably also look into the scenario files (at least the 1861 ones) and events to change some orders of appearance.

And no worries, I know how to make that database file workable again after I've made my final edits to those generals, those additional columns will not be included and the models will once again be sorted by ID#. Those leaders I could not identify will remain in the database, but I will at some point remove them from the scenario and event files.

P.S.: I'm playing a solo game between this research, which is why I'm advancing only slowly.
Attachments
screenshotmodding models 4.png
screenshotmodding models 4.png (358.87 KiB) Viewed 3113 times

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:02 pm

Excellent! :)

Blood and Thunder Brigade
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:35 am

Mark M. Boatner's The Civil War Dictionary is quite a useful reference.

Return to “CW2 Mods”