packersfanmw87
Corporal

Editing Generals (Make them more likely to die)

Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

The stock game comes with so many generals because many of the generals that appear later are generals who were promoted following the death of their superior. I've been playing around with editing the model files to give the generals their full names and I'm wondering what all the different values mean. Is there a value to increase the likelihood of being killed in combat? I've played a number of campaigns and I've only had one or two generals die in combat.

Nikel

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:53 pm

For some reason this info is not in the wiki.

There are 4 columns in the database (models files) that apparently are not used (set to NULL):

DeathChance

CombatDeathChance

DeathChanceInc

DeathBySicknessThresold

I do not know how to use them, but Clovis (in his mod for AACW) modified it and for example in the model file of General B Bragg you can see these lines that are not in vanilla game.

CombatDeathChance = 120
DeathChance = 0
DeathChanceInc = 0

Also in CWII in the file Gamelogic.opt you can see the following:

ldrDeathBySickness = 0 // Added 111227: if = 1, leaders can die from sickness, old age, or practices better not discussed here.

packersfanmw87
Corporal

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:36 am

Cool. I try that out. Thanks for the info.

packersfanmw87
Corporal

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 am

What about editing the text about the General's history, when he was born, etc. There seem to be a number of generals in the game that I can't find real counterparts for...like Simon Cooke, USA. I changed him to Philip St. George Cooke, but his card still has Simon Cooke's history (though I can't find Simon Cooke anywhere.)

Nikel

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:26 pm

The biographies of the generals can be edited in the file LocalStrings_CW2, look at the last lines. Column B is the biography in english.

Simon Cook is in the line 9467.

Return to “CW2 Mods”