pgr
General of the Army

Retreat Fix

Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 pm

This is a very small mod designed to prevent stacks from retreating into enemy occupied provinces. (It's related to my little rant about the need to fix retreats here...)

I have modified the minimum military control necessary to retreat into a province from 0 (current) to 5%. This means that units will never retreat into enemy controlled territory. It also means that a stack that is surrounded will stand and fight. (No retreat). Replace the GameLogic.opt in the CW2/settings folder with the modified GameLogic.opt file. (And before you do, be sure to back up the original logic file someplace safe....if you want to revert back.) Again, the only change is that the file line "ctlAllowRetreat = 0 // Minimum control to have in a region to allow a retreat into it" now reads "ctlAllowRetreat = 5 // Minimum control to have in a region to allow a retreat into it."

Some quick notes:
First off, the minimum control value was apparently modified from 5 to 0 during ACW1 beta testing on patches, because it was felt that encircling was too easy. So I would love for people to play around with the new setting add see if it noticeably changes game play. In my limited tests, it seems that encircled units simply choose not to retreat, but keep fighting on (and in general, they tend to be really tough nuts to crack).

5% is also the amount of MC you gain when you enter a province, if you aren't in the passive stance. Therefore, as long as your deep raiders are not set to passive, they should generate enough military control in the regions they pass through to be able to retreat back to the province they attacked from (if an attack fails). I would imagine though, that it becomes less easy for raiding parties to roam wherever they want.

I would play around with it more myself, but I'm hosting several matches for the current CW2 tournament, so I have to keep my game un-moded for those games.

So take it for a spin, and let me know what you notice. At the very least, you shouldn't be intentionally retreating into the enemy anymore.
Attachments
GameLogicRetreatMod.zip
(9.18 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

Return to “CW2 Mods”