fred zeppelin
Colonel

[MOD] CSA Ledger Mod

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:23 am

[color="#FFD700"]***CSA Version Released***[/color]
[color="#FFD700"]****Link Below****[/color]

So here's my idea: What if you could have a different interface theme depending on the side you were playing - i.e., CSA-themed art for the CSA player and vice versa?

I've started with a CSA-themed ledger mod, with the plan to follow on with a version themed for the Union side. The idea is that you could load the version for whichever side you plan to play. Might even be possible to switch on the fly using one of the generic mod enablers (like JSGME) that work with other games - though I haven't tested that yet.

Here are samples from the CSA ledger version:

[ATTACH]25623[/ATTACH][ATTACH]25624[/ATTACH][ATTACH]25625[/ATTACH][ATTACH]25626[/ATTACH]

I haven't had time to start on the Union version but I decided to go ahead and release the CSA version. I've actually been playing the game a bit and have enjoyed using the mod. Hope you do too.

INSTALLATION

1. Back up your Graphics/Frontend folder.

2. Unzip the mod into your main (Civil War II) game folder and overwrite the original files.

KNOWN ISSUES

1. The map tab is a bit wonky. Once you open the map tab, you can't select another tab; you have to exit out of the ledger. The other tabs work fine. Not sure why the map tab is a problem.

2. The new ledger is wider than the original. I've tested it down to a resolution of 1440x900, and it works fine. I can't guarantee that it will work at lower resolutions, however.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vgbt8om4juvs3g2/CSA%20Ledger%20Mod.zip
Attachments
Screenshot-(4).jpg
Screenshot-(3).jpg
Screenshot-(2).jpg
Screenshot-(1).jpg

jack54
Brigadier General

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 am

I really like this idea! Best of luck with it! :thumbsup:

Looks Great also!
AGE games I own; RUS ,AJE, BOR, H:ToR, AACW, WIA, ROP,NC, CWII, Espana 1936, TYW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PhilThib

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am

Great looking and nice. Check with Pocus for the possibility to have "custom" screens per faction..I guess this is possible for the events, I don't know for the main ledger...the issue of your mod may be for people who have smaller screen resolutions than yours (which seems to be large), e.g. small laptops...your windows won't fit in 1028x768 for instance...

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 am

PhilThib wrote:Great looking and nice. Check with Pocus for the possibility to have "custom" screens per faction..I guess this is possible for the events, I don't know for the main ledger...the issue of your mod may be for people who have smaller screen resolutions than yours (which seems to be large), e.g. small laptops...your windows won't fit in 1028x768 for instance...

You're right about the resolution issue. Requires a minimum width of 1280. Not too bad by modern standards, though.

Carnium

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 am

Excellent stuff. Time to get CW 2 I guess :w00t:
PhilThib: How about a " custom skin" option for AGEOD games where you could choose your own (custom made) skin for Interface/Ledger?

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:47 am

I have released the CSA version. Link in the first post.

[color="#FFD700"]MODERATOR: Could you change the title of the thread to "[MOD] CSA Ledger Mod"? I didn't want to start a new thread but I can't change the title. Thanks.[/color]

Return to “CW2 Mods”