allan_boa
Colonel

New at E36 - unit strength and pbem

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi, after having the game for a long long time I eventually started my first E36 game and it looks excellent ! I love the size of the map (not too big), umber of units, and the conflict itself is very interesting. And the game is looking great: units, counters, generals, the map, everything is lovely and immersion is immediate.

I'm just surprised that I don't see the unit strength directly on the counter. I looked in the options but doesn't appear to be there. I can have the info in the bar (unit strength) and details with pressing ctrl+b with nb of men/horses/arty etc. and in the pop up while hovering over enemy units. But it's more convenient to have the information directly on the counter ... did I miss something ?

Otherwise, I'm looking for another newbie for a PBEM CG. I would love to play the nationalists. I'm not a total newb as I have a (very) limited experience with AGEOD games. So if you're an experienced AGEOD player you will probably find playing with me enoying. So the offer is for other newbies or players with limited experience. No lecturing, no shaming, just play ! ;-)

Please no MP.

You can also contact me on Steam (nickname is Nukkxx on Steam). I'm more often on Steam than here.

Stratman
Captain

Re: New at E36 - unit strength and pbem

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:47 am

allan_boa wrote:
I'm just surprised that I don't see the unit strength directly on the counter. I looked in the options but doesn't appear to be there. I can have the info in the bar (unit strength) and details with pressing ctrl+b with nb of men/horses/arty etc. and in the pop up while hovering over enemy units. But it's more convenient to have the information directly on the counter ... did I miss something ?

You did not miss someting.
This is Rise of Prussia counter`s style. You may find stack`s strenght by clicking on it and see this below on the unit panel (number of units and total power of the stack).

allan_boa
Colonel

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:49 pm

Thanks. It's a pity it's not like [some] other Ageod games. But I noticed in the manual that the green "bullet(s)" on the bottom left of the counter indicates the size of the unit on a scale from 1 to 4 ... At least something. And yes, pressing ctrl [not ctrl+b as I wrote] gives all necessary info on the unit. Just that the strength indicated in big was much easier do directly compare forces before engaging combat.

A gauge indicating the strength
of the Force. Each bullet represents four (4)
Command points worth of Units. The color of
the bullets indicates the average ‘health’ of the
Units in the Force.

allan_boa
Colonel

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Up ... any volunteer for a fast pace game [cca 1 turn per day minimum] ?

Otherwise, I'm looking for another newbie for a PBEM CG. I would love to play the nationalists. I'm not a total newb as I have a (very) limited experience with AGEOD games. So if you're an experienced AGEOD player you will probably find playing with me enoying. So the offer is for other newbies or players with limited experience. No lecturing, no shaming, just play ! ;-)

allan_boa
Colonel

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:24 pm

OK PBEM Opponent found.

Offer CLOSED
:-)

Return to “España 1936”