Gribeauval
Sergeant

Some questions about design of the game (version 1.02 RC1)

Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi Miguel, I have some questions about the game.

In the Ebro scenario, nationalists have no HQ units and can't build them. There aren't any factories in this scenario and the italian units are not present. Why did you choose to design this scenario like that ?

When I look at the AI log in the great campaign, I can see an Axis AI, a republican AI, but also a french AI and a URSS AI. Do you plan to add these two factions later in the game ?

I have little knowledge of the spanish civil war, but according to an Osprey book, requetes (carlists) fought in their own units very often : there was (according to this book) a Navarre army corps with several carlists divisions.
In the game, I have not found any nationalist leader with a "carlist" ability (like the falangist ability for some of them) and in the Ebro scenario, I have not found any requete division. What do you expect from the player ? He has to mix requetes with regular soldiers or with african troops ?

There aren't any chance to see any guerilla appearing behind the nationalist lines. Is this historical ?

The units don't seem suffering from bad weather : their cohesion is not affected by snow. Is this historical ?

Regards.

Leibst

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:19 am

Hi Gribeauval.
Ebro is a beta patch so it could be some things to polish.
Factories, yes, it seems i forgot to add them.
But italians are present, see this picture:
[ATTACH]32808[/ATTACH]
The are some factions included that are not playable and thats why they also have AI log. A modder could add units for that countries easily. It is not my intention to do that.
Regarding the HQ. I added that unit as a flavor unit, it seems player don't buid them usually. I personally haven't ever. And thats the reason why i didnt add them in Ebro, but it coukld added easily.
The Divisions of Navarra are present in the Fall of the North scenario, they have several carlist (requetés) units inside. But this divisions were renamed after that campaign. Maybe it could be nice to add that carlist ability in a future patch yes.
The guerrilla is only represented with the regional decision to attacks rail lines.

In all Ageod games units suffer from attrition, this game included, this is part of the Ageod engine.

Thanks for commenting!!

Miguel
Attachments
SCW Ebro.JPG
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

Return to “España 1936”