bob.
General

Is it intended that blockading is impossible?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:53 pm

I have a few days ago started playing this again and I forgot how fun it actually is!
I hope that what we have right now is not it for the game? Leibstandarte, are you planning any patches with new content or new scenarios, what-if maybe?

Anyway, my question. Just noticed this: you need at least 8 ships to blockade a sea region, the Nationalists have 5 warships.

Do you get more ships later or is it just intended that blockading a region is completely impossible?

Leibst

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:22 pm

It is impossible. There were no blockades in the war. Really just the italian subs in the mediterranean.
I'm currently working in a patch that fix minor bugs and will be an Ebro scenario covering the whole map. Starting in July 1938. But still need some weeks to finish it.
good you enjoy the game :)
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

bob.
General

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:51 pm

I was already thinking that this might be the case. Certainly makes sense, just wanted to confirm.
Does either side get any new ships during the game? IIRC the Nationalists bought some destroyers from the Italians historically?

A new scenario? That sounds good!
When do you plan for the scenario to end? Same as the full campaign, or earlier?

Leibst

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:07 pm

It will end as the Full Campaign scenario.

The Nationalists bought 4 Italian destroyers, it is reflected in the game.
Headquarter game designer of Battles For Spain, Ageod English Civil War, España:1936 and Thirty Years War
HQ website

captain14
Sergeant

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 am

ok a port is blockaded (locked port symbol), it doesn't actually appear to do anything (at least my Nationalist PBEM opponent doesn't report any effects). Does blockading actually do anything to an opponent?

Return to “España 1936”